Wrong information in 1st grade lesson.
    ekendall is offline Junior Member

Default Wrong information in 1st grade lesson.

My first grader was working through the "Temperature Tuesday" lesson, and it mentions that a refrigerator keeps food cool at 73F.
    While I know it is for general comparison to get the concept of temperature differences, and he will not become a restaurant manager one day and decide to calibrate all fridges to 73F based on one lesson in first grade, () I thought it should be mentioned. Maybe it was meant as 37F? I believe the temperature mentioned in C was still matching the 73F as well, though.

I know I personally would not be too happy with my fridge if it only maintained food at 73F!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wrong information in 1st grade lesson.

You are hilarious! I really appreciate someone with a sense of humor about these things. My kids and I have seen some odd misprints in textbooks through our twenty-some years of homeschooling, so we've learned the value of just laughing at them, too.

Time4Learning does report program errors to the developer. Was this a Science4Us activity or a regular Time4Learning first grade science activity? I'll go try to find it, but if you can provide the lesson activity number or let me know if it was a Science4Us activity before I get back here, that would be helpful. As soon as I have enough info to identify the specific activity, I'll report it.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!