12 yr old w special needs
    Syndee is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default 12 yr old w special needs

Hello to all! We are new to T4L. My son has been in the public school system k-5 and has a 2nd grade education when it comes to basic ed. I had taken him on a 10 day trip to NYC and asked that all his 10 days of work be sent with us. We finished all the work in 1 day! I then realized that he wasn't being challenged. I hope that by my being completely in charge of his education that he will be able to increase his self-esteem as his knowledge increases. At the age of 1 he had a seizure that lasted 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I know that he is capable of learning and am excited to begin this journey!!!

carrascom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello Syndee! I too have a 12 yr old autistic child... She is at a 4th to 5th grade level. She had intersuseception when she was 11 months old and had an emergency operation in which they took out her appendix also. Started homeschooling her in April after pulling her and her two siblings out of the school they were in. Looking forward to homeschooling this year. However, I pray that I can manage homeschooling my three children while in nursing school myself( with my husband help of course)...

topsytechie is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome to T4L and to the forum, Syndee! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and your terrific son. Homeschooling is so amazing in that you can truly customize an educational plan to fit your child instead of the other way around. Whether or not your child has special needs, I think every child deserves to rekindle the joy of learning. Sounds like you are about to do just that. Kudos!!