anyone with kids or grown ups with eosinophilic esopagitis?
    timmysmom is offline Member

Question anyone with kids or grown ups with eosinophilic esopagitis?

Part of my absence from this board has been due to my HUSBANDS' diagnosis with eosinophilic esophagitis. The treatment includes getting rid of all foods that have wheat, casein (dairy), eggs, soy, tree nuts and peanuts, shell fish. I have also had to take rice out of his diet and we are experimenting with taking corn from his diet too, since he seems to be symptomatic with these as well.

Eosinophilic esophagitis is generally a pediatric illness that is treated for the duration of the person's life. I have not really net any other people that have been diagnosed as adults and I was wondering if there are any people (kids or adults) here with this diagnosis.
    Sandra
    Mom to Mo, Chet and the Tim-inator!!!

Preschool worksheets
    Worksheets created by my cousin for preschoolers!!

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Have you tried Twitter? If you do a mention eosinophilic esophagitis, someone will pop up and have something helpful to tell you. We are thinking about going GFCF, but it's a big step and in our case, I don't know that it's necessary.
    Melissa.

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SahmIam View Post
    Have you tried Twitter? If you do a mention eosinophilic esophagitis, someone will pop up and have something helpful to tell you.
    Oh Melissa, what a great idea. Dear Sandra, I am so sorry, but I've not heard of this before. I wish I could offer you counsel or at least point you in the right direction. I am so glad that Melissa suggested Twitter. Would you do me a favor. When and if you start this diet would you share your knowledge over here for the next mom who stops by who might need that information?
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Oh, we have been on the "diet" for about 10 months now. Not sure if you remember, I was already needing to be gluten free, so had some practice with this. Taking all of this stuff out of a persons' diet is traumatic at first. My husband mourned eggs and cheese for 6 months. Right now, because of not being able to have any grains in his diet, we basically live on meat, veggies, fruit and potatoes. As little processed food as possible. I have not had much time for experimenting. Our diet is getting rather boring right now! lol My 2 year old is showing signs of this disorder as well, so I have him on the same restricted diet.

I have a twitter account but have not done much with it. Will have to try that.
    Sandra

Preschool worksheets

monekyisarabbit is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi, Sandra. I caught this posting through a Google alert that I set up (I don't have kids, so I'm not usually on this forum!). I was diagnosed with EE last week at 34 years old. I just got back from the allergist's office, where I found out that I have to cut out soy, wheat, egg, and corn, so I feel your pain! There's a Yahoo group set up that may be helpful for you. It's for older teens and adults with eosinophilic diseases, and there are many people on it with EE. The link is here: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...lgastro-Adult/

Best of luck to you and your husband!

Wow! Thanks! I'll go check that out!
    Sandra

Preschool worksheets

SHYRAQUIMBY is offline Junior Member Newbie

Two of my three children have eosinophilic disorders. I'm always up for chatting about it!