Awesome reader who can not story write or understand grammer
    Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

Default Awesome reader who can not story write or understand grammer

Hello

So today I was testing my daughter because I plan to homeschool her next year. I know my daughter is super good at reading and is doing good at math. I knew that she did not like to write. I have tried triangle pencils, pencil grippies, magical shiny pencils and stickers ( for the dumbo affect) to no avail. I loved Time4learning because she can do most her work on the keyboard.

Today I found out something important. My daughter can not write. No I do not mean she can not draw little symbols that represent a sound. She has no idea on any of her language Arts at all but when she does them on T4L flies through them in no time at all. I guess I am going to need to go back and see if she tested on any of LA things.
    I am wondering if this is because when she was littler had problems forming sentences and it has carried on to her through process of writing or what. No matter what the issue is my little girl who is going to be in 3rd grade next year and reads books like Junie B Jones and the Beverly Cleary series can not write and has an issue with her imagination to come up with things to even tell me a story.
    Would Time4writing cover this or cause my daughter to get in a stubborn streak breakdown?
    Has anyone else ran into this odd issue and if so what helped for you?

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Brook. Am I understanding that your daughter does not know penmanship or that she doesn't know how to form sentences? If it's putting thoughts down, have you tried Time4Writing?
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass