Do they teach special needs children the same content as the mainstream kids in that
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Do they teach special needs children the same content as the mainstream kids in that

lorri3232 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Do they teach special needs children the same content as the mainstream kids in that

grade level?

Many special needs kids are behind in their maturity age. So they are not able to process information, as another child at the same age, who doesn't have a disability.

I think the public school system, takes that into consideration, when making a curriculum for them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the work I've see my child bring home in the past, has been nowhere near her true grade level.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do they teach special needs children the same content as the mainstream kids in t

Hi. Time4Learning students can work at a different grade level in each subject. That's up to the parent. T4L provides the curriculum and parents use it however they feel best benefits their child.

I know that's how special education works in public schools, too, at least for some students. My eleven-year-old son is significantly developmentally delayed (around age three developmentally), and he uses a preschool curriculum in his public school classroom. I work with him at home with Time4Learning preschool and kindergarten levels.
    crpsjss likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!