ESL special needs
    Haitian_Girls_Mom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default ESL special needs

We just brought our daughters home from Haiti on Humanitarian Parole in February. One is 12 years old, and was a very beginner in English. I found time4learning, and decided to work on Math with her for now, and found that she was at a beginner first grade level. We've gotten through 1st grade Math in a month and a half, and planning to finish 2nd grade in a month (because she is speaking a lot more English). I'm hoping to have her up to 6th grade Math by Christmas, and hopefully by then she'll know enough English to catch up on all the other classes. She had very little education while in Haiti. Anyone have any similiar situation? Thanks!

five_blessed is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi! Wow! I'm very impressed with both you and your daughters! I can't relate to what you are going through right now. However, might I suggest that you join your STATE GROUP in hopes of finding others in your situation? Just click on the link and then scroll to your state and click on it. From there, you can join the group and I would suggest that you post again there. It certainly won't hurt and there's lots of good info on the state groups.

Best of luck on your learning road! Is sounds like you have the road well paved for success! Oh, what state are you from? I'll keep an eye out for you and if I hear of anyone else with a similar situation, I'll direct them to your state group.
    Blessings,
    Rhonda

It's Time4Learning. And Fun!

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Haitian_Girls_Mom is offline Junior Member Newbie

we're in Nebraska..thanks!