"gifted"

Thread: "gifted"

laura0896 is offline Junior Member

Default "gifted"

anyone out there with a gifted child around age 8???

Monicaw is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello, my Son is a DYS, age 8. We are searching for an appropriate curriculum for him to begin our first year of homeschooling.

laura0896 is offline Junior Member

Hello! What is a DYS? My son is also aged 8... just finished 2nd in the public school. I began using t4L b/c his math skills were not being adequately challenged. He's in a dual immersion program, so I can appreciate the difficulty with scheduling.

As we looked forward to grade 3, I've come to believe that he could move to grade 4. The school won't pre-test his mastery of the grade 3 curriculum... stating this is his first year in the formal G&T program - and how I'll be pleasantly surprised.

But... I know I won't be! He'll only recieve G&T math services once a week for maybe 45 min. What will he do for the other 4 days of math time? It is all taught in math...so I don't know if compacting & differentiation for extensions are even a possibility.

I have a meeting w/ the school next week but I'm fearing that it'll be the same as grade 2, where I actually pull him out of school one afternoon for "Mama School" - which we both love.

That's kind-of our story... I feel I don't get anywhere with the school... they don't really listen and/or are bound by scheduling, dual immersion requirements...

What's your story with your boy?

Thanks!
    Laura