A good reading program?
    thegaddy5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default A good reading program?

I am looking for a reading program for struggling learners. This is a 10th grader, and would need something not too childish. Everything I find is for little people... I need some help...
    Jamie
    Mother of six- homeschooling healthy with MOMSCHOOL
    Online Education for Kids and Homeschool Online

jess_m_80 is offline Junior Member

[QUOTE=thegaddy5;42585]I am looking for a reading program for struggling learners. This is a 10th grader, and would need something not too childish. Everything I find is for little people... I need some help...

Sorry I don't know of any programs per se. However if youwant to try something that isn't childish but that wouldn't discourage thestudent you may work with short poetry and even comic books. Depending on levelof reading ability. YouTube and other poetry sites will offer audio and visualpoetry. Many will have the words scroll across at the same time. These poemscan be printed out from online. Read together. Analyzed. Discussed verballyabout what they mean. I had in the past used comic books when helping to tutorother students and the pictures really helped them grasp word comprehension.There are several that have higher level of vocabulary and really encouragedthe student to read (which is half the battle). You will have to look around tofind something challenging and something that the student will like though youdon't want to hand them any comic book.