Has anyone read Jenny McCarthy's book about Autism?
    MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Has anyone read Jenny McCarthy's book about Autism?

I am definitely going to check it out of the library, but wanted to get a heads up from others who have read it. Did you find yourself inspired, encouraged? Did anyone NOT like it?
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

adria2328 is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Has anyone read Jenny McCarthy's book about Autism?

I have read both. They are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful reads. Heartwrenching at times, but books I would never have wanted to miss out on. I hope she continues the fight for all kids and more people begin to listen to her. I do not have a child that has been officially diagnosed on the Autism spectrum but I am convinced she probably has Aspergers maybe. ::shrug:: I know she is different and handles things differently than "normal" kids. We were going to have her tested, but after pulling her from PS, her behavior changed drastically. I decided we didn't need to know the official label just yet. Maybe some years down the road, but not now. Right now shes just a wonderful 11 year old with Epilepsy, ADD, and that isn't as "mature" as most girls her age. And thats ok with me.

I would recommend reading them and taking what you can from them. I am a firm believer the MMR shot brought out my DD's Epilepsy and no one could convince me otherwise. I'll just leave it at that. I could go on and on, and truthfully, it makes me just want to puke.
    Adria
    Mommy of 4
    Bryanna 13
    Ralphy 7
    Coleman 5
    GraceAnn 3

Beth is offline Member

Hi Mary,

I just received Jenny McCarthy's newest book, "Healing and Preventing Autism". I really like it and recommend it. It is mostly an interview of the doctor who helped her with her son. It's a complete guide to overcoming autism. We are implementing several of the recommendations and we've already seen happier days; not total recovery but much more pleasant days than we've ever seen with our little guy. I read one of her other books, "Louder Than Words" and she cusses throughout the book; that was weird. Cussing is part of her normal language apparently. I don't necessarily recommend that book but it was interesting to read the background on her son and how they came to know autism.

By the way, the book recommends the interventions (spoken of in the book) for other medical diagnoses too, not just autism. I have been connected to a "rescue angel" through Jenny's website--a person located in my state, who would guide me through this 'healing process'. I am totally optimistic because I believe it is conquerable. Hope this info helps.

Beth

timmysmom is offline Member

Here is Jenny's website, for more information:

http://www.generationrescue.org/index.html
    Sandra
    Mom to Mo, Chet and the Tim-inator!!!

Preschool worksheets
    Worksheets created by my cousin for preschoolers!!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thank you so much timmysmom!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/