How to Homeschool my 7yr old??
    Jenn84 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default How to Homeschool my 7yr old??

Am sorry if i am not posting in the right place i am new and have no idea where to post. I have a 7 yr old autism son and i have had several issues with hes school and i feel they are discriminating against my son because he is special, I want to know if i can homeschool him and what are the steps to doing so? where do i start?

thank you.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Jenn84,

First, I want to say how sorry I am you and your son are experiencing such trouble at the local public school, but I am not surprised at all.

It is not hard to homeschool in DE. You will contact DE Dept of Ed and request a non-public school registration form. Here is more info for you.

I also want to encourage you to go to the DE state forum and post the same questions you posted here. You will get lots of great info and help from the friendly folks on that forum.

Here is more info for you about homeschooling in DE.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Jenn84,

First, I want to say how sorry I am you and your son are experiencing such trouble at the local public school, but I am not surprised at all.

It is not hard to homeschool in DE. You will contact DE Dept of Ed and request a non-public school registration form. Here is more info for you.

I also want to encourage you to go to the DE state forum and post the same questions you posted here. You will get lots of great info and help from the friendly folks on that forum.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi Jenn84,
    I'm Linda, the moderator on the Delaware forum. I just wanted to invite you over to the state forum. Here is some additional information regarding homeschooling in Delaware. I'm sorry you have had a difficult time with the school system, and I hope that the homeschooling in Delaware site, and Time4Learning can help you out. If you have any questions or need help you can ask on this forum, or the Delaware state forum, and hopefully we will have the answer for you or can help you find it.
    Best of luck!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!