How's everyone doing?
    MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default How's everyone doing?

Hello Families,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. It's been quiet over here on our special needs board and just wanted to check in
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Default Re: How's everyone doing?

The girls are on break for now (still reading voraciously) since dh is back in town. Yay! This morning our son was diagnosed with autism. Sigh. So yes, things are good. And not so good.
    Melissa.

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

We are here! Boys are done with T4L until August, so we are chilling. Trying to get caught up around the house, redoing the daycare area since I bought more toys(yard sales! gotta love them!), vacation in a month IF DH doesnt need surgery on his shoulder. The vacation $$$ is also about what DH brings home for 2 weeks..... so if he needs to have orthoscopic surgery on it..... that will cover his time off and leave us enough to take the boys to their Grandmas. We will know on 14th. Crossing fingers that its just arthritis, which is what I think it is and so does my Mom(who suffers from it and symptoms sound like it).
    Playing outside lots and watching the garden grow......
    Hugs to everyone!!
    What are YOU doing for the summer?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SahmIam
    The girls are on break for now (still reading voraciously) since dh is back in town. Yay! This morning our son was diagnosed with autism. Sigh. So yes, things are good. And not so good.
    Melissa,

My mama heart is so tender for you tonight. I know what it's like to get a diagnosis. Shock, sadness, disbelief, yet relief and direction. God made you your sons mom because He knew that no one else could do the job that YOU do! (((Big Hugs)))
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aandwsmom
    We are here! Boys are done with T4L until August, so we are chilling. Trying to get caught up around the house, redoing the daycare area since I bought more toys(yard sales! gotta love them!), vacation in a month IF DH doesnt need surgery on his shoulder. The vacation $$$ is also about what DH brings home for 2 weeks..... so if he needs to have orthoscopic surgery on it..... that will cover his time off and leave us enough to take the boys to their Grandmas. We will know on 14th. Crossing fingers that its just arthritis, which is what I think it is and so does my Mom(who suffers from it and symptoms sound like it).
    Playing outside lots and watching the garden grow......
    Hugs to everyone!!
    What are YOU doing for the summer?
    Oh aandwsmom, I PRAY PRAY PRAY that your dh doesn't need surgery. For him and for your vacation. I know you will be so disappointed my friend. I'll be checking the boards in the 14th. Let us know. I am schooling. The one drawback in Florida is how crazy hot it gets here. We would rather school during the summer and then take off Thanksgiving through New Years off. (smile) Enjoy your garden. That is one of my goals in the next few years. I would like to have one.

Mom of Andrew & William, please remind me what your name is. . . . [And it is Andrew and William, right? ] I hope you get the news that it's "just" arthritis, even though that sounds pretty painful too!

And Mary, you nailed it.
    Melissa.

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

SahmIam, aka Melissa..
    You got it right on Andrew and William and mine is Katrina.

It has been painful for him, been bothering him for months and he has a stupid Primary Care Dr. that refused to get imaging on it months ago, but sent him to physical therapy for 4 visits BEFORE she would refer him to an orthopedic Dr. UMMMM, how will they know what to treat if they dont know what is wrong inside? The PT people and the Ortho Dr. are shocked there is no imaging. So were we! He had that done last Friday, 2 different kinds. And now we wait until 14th.
    My Mom has arthritis, basically throughout her whole body but has it managed, etc. and does quite well. Reason we think it could be arthritis, is that when they injected the dye for 1st test directly into the joint... it felt better. It was sore but not the sharp pain. And once the dye wore off, the sharp pain was back. Lack of fluid in the joint is the start of arthritis....

Thanks for the prayers guys! I will keep you updated.

That definitley sounds like it could be arthritis, then.
    Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMary
    God made you your sons mom because He knew that no one else could do the job that YOU do! (((Big Hugs)))
    Today I was thinking. He has trained me well for this. While we lived in NY, I found new non-partying friends and as it turns out, they both have children with "disabilities," though that never occured to me until today. But I think He led me to them so that I wouldn't feel alone now. They have both been so helpful and supportive in ways I would have never guessed and I am deeply grateful for them. Just for a person like me, who doesn't go out and make friends, to happen into these two women and become friends without knowing anything about their families, then later to find that we suddenly have that much more in common, is really something special to me. A few weeks before his diagnosis, I was telling my one friend that maybe she was given her daughter so that she could help others (in the same situation) whom she met down the road. I believed it to be true, but I never knew one of those someones would be me.
    Melissa.