I NEED TO KNOW

Thread: I NEED TO KNOW

glamourmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default I NEED TO KNOW

My daughter has a learning disability and the way I been teaching her now is that for some reason she only like to do the language art on the T4L and use a mathbook for the math .I wanted to know do she have to do all the subject on the T4L or can I do it the way she want to do it?
    My other question is I make my daughter homeschool 6time a week which is a all day process because of her attention span I have to break every 20 minutes but I also have her go to a tutor 2 a week and it seem like it might be overwhelm for her do anybody think I'm doing 2 much for her ability ? Please let me know thank you

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

You can use and not use whatever you want with T4L. I know a lot of parents are using all subjects and some are only using like two or three. My son has an autism spectrum disorder and we sometimes have school seven days a week and others weeks two days. Some weeks we do a lot less then I would like because of his disorder so we try and make it up the following week. My goal is to have school four days a week but who knows if that will ever happen. I have learned just to go with the flow. I know if my son had to do school six days a week and go to a tutor two days he would be greatly overwhelmed and would probably make lessons take even longer. But that is my son, you know your daughter best. Maybe try out a few different things to see what works best. If you think she may be getting overwhelmed then take a bit of a break and only school four days next week plus her two tutor days.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

aandwsmom is offline Senior Member

You dont have to use T4L for everything. Some do, and some dont.
    As for that much school.... it seems like alot to me.
    We currently do 5 days a week, but operate on the PS school schedule. Next year, we are doing year round school schedule of 9 weeks of school and 2 weeks off. This allows us more breaks plus we are able to do 4 day weeks. They get every Fri off unless they mess up during the week and have to make it up. 2 Fri a month will be FREE days or they can do stuff with Dad. Other 2 Fri are Family days because I will be off as well.
    If you think your daughter is doing too much, that is the fun of homeschooling.... cut back! See if she operates better for a month on a shorter, slower schedule. If there is not change, then decide which one works better for you. If there IS a change, then decide again.. which one works better.

Stephanie739 is offline Senior Member

We pretty much stay with the ps schedule. M-F all subjects - summers are free assuming they finish their levels, which they should. They work about 4 hours a day.
    ~Stephanie

mom to:
    Tori (13)
    Meghan (9)
    Andy (5)