I'm an Autism Mom and just signed up today.
    AutismMom04 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default I'm an Autism Mom and just signed up today.

I'm 33 from Louisiana. My son is 5 years old with Autism. He's in Pre K this year for the second time. I am planning to begin homeschooling him next year and so trying to find programs like this one and seeing what would be right for him. Look forward to meeting others facing the same things as I am.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I'm an Autism Mom and just signed up today.

Hi, Austin's Mom!

Welcome to the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Beth is offline Member

Hey there! Welcome! Haven't been on T4Ling Parent Forum much lately but stopped in to say hi and saw your post. We have an 8 year old diagnosed with autism (mild) and we're loving T4Ling. Hope you like it too. I do sit with my little guy as he's doing his work and I help him as needed to grasp concepts. Hope you find a method that works for you guys.

Take care!

Beth/Colorado

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AutismMom04
    I'm 33 from Louisiana. My son is 5 years old with Autism. He's in Pre K this year for the second time. I am planning to begin homeschooling him next year and so trying to find programs like this one and seeing what would be right for him. Look forward to meeting others facing the same things as I am.
    Good Morning Sweet Mom,

I am so glad you're here. I think you will find the Time4Learning is one of the best programs out there for children with who have learning differences. I am the mother to four sons and we are in our 12th year of homeschooling. I am just sad that Time4Learning was not around when I began my journey. When we found this program back in "2007" my boys (three of which have LD's) made more academic gains than ever before. We have found the interactive graphics really capture their attention and it adds velcro to the information so that once it goes into the brain it can stick and stay in place. Let us know how you're doing...., (((Big Hugs)))
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

tootie4735 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Your doing a good thing use t4l with your son.I'm from Louisiana too,and my daughter has autism shes 12.And I've been homeschooling her for 5yrs.It's been ruff but T4L has saved me.Good luck..

timmysmom is offline Member

My son is autisitc as well! We are finally to the point were I only need to sit with him when he works on social studies! T4L has saved our homeschooling experience also. The lessons are short enough and animated enough that it keeps their interest. My son seems to remember more of the lesson. You are wise to start home schooling young! Good luck and let us know how you both are doing.
    Sandra
    Mom to Mo, Chet and the Tim-inator!!!

Preschool worksheets
    Worksheets created by my cousin for preschoolers!!

Edwina is offline Junior Member Newbie

My son was diagnosed with "Learning Delay" when he was about 18 months old. He was perscribed Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy. Then, after telling his therapists for 3 or 4 years that I thought he had Aspergers Syndrome like his older brother, they suggested that he be evaluated for Autism at the age of 5. At that time, he was indeed diagnosed with it! Asperger's and Autism is in the same group, as far as I can tell, the difference is that he is in Speech Therapy.

I had decided that I would home school when I found out I was pregnant. All of his therapists and his doctor agreed home schooling would be the best way to go instead of sending him to public school. I have always looked up the curriculum for the state and used it as a basis for homeschooling. We are behind in some subjects and ahead in others. I'm glad we found T4L, he enjoys doing it for a while but, have to also design some stuff on my own due to his autism. He's "stuck" on dinosaurs. So, we make lapbooks on different dinosaurs that we study and read about.