just started homeschooling daughter with ASD
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By momof3inNC
  • 2 Post By lovehmschlg

Thread: just started homeschooling daughter with ASD

momof3inNC is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face just started homeschooling daughter with ASD

I just officially pulled my 15 yo daughter out of public school yesterday. I tried homeschooling once before when she was in 3rd grade, but couldn't find the resources I needed to help her or teach her. This time the stress from school hospitalized her for almost a week with seizures. T4L is a blessing! We tried several of the demo lessons and they broke things down for her so that she actually enjoyed learning, and is actually looking forward to doing more. This is giving her some of the independance she wants but also the security of me being the to help if and when she needs it. Thank you to everyone in the forums! They have helped alot in finding where we needed to be and in finding other resources.
    bbooth likes this.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

momof3inNC,

Time4Learning has been just as amazing for our daughter. Sometimes I wish I could just shout it from the roof tops...especially for families with children with special needs. We love it!!! It has been a God-send for us.
    Thanks for stopping in and letting us all know how happy you are with T4L!
    bbooth and pistolannie like this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

bbooth is offline Member

That is great! I totally agree with you on how well T4L works for children with ASD. My 8-year-old daughter has no problem with comprehending her assignments/activities, it is amazing to say the least! I also decided to take her out of public schools as I did not see where they were serving her needs anymore. Public school was a very negative experience for me with her, after many parent/teacher conferences where only negativity was shared with me and with the school constantly calling me to nitpick her actions, I decided I had had enough! I wish you the very best with your daughter!!