Looking for parental control
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By monicaow020
  • 1 Post By adrienne38

Thread: Looking for parental control

adrienne38 is offline Junior Member

Default Looking for parental control

Iím looking for some recommendations on some good parental control software. Iím looking for software which allows to see what child writes, where child enters. Iíd like to receive data on my email. Anyone have any ideas?

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Adrienne38.

I have used Safe Eyes and now we use Covenant Eyes. I like CE better. Windows also has parental control, which I've used from time to time to completely block the internet. I've blocked the internet during certain times of the day/night. You can also block websites.

Now with our older kids (16 & 18), we simply use Covenant Eyes for monitoring usage. We have it on our laptop. And my 18-yo daughter has it on her phone. We don't have restrictions set. She's aware it's on her phone, too, and that we get a weekly report via email. It shows me exactly what websites she has visited. If there's ever anything questionable, we would simply discuss it (accountability). So far, we've had good reports.

By the way, we use gmail for our email server. You can go into 'settings' and have your child's email forwarded to you. You will receive any email that goes to your child.
    With my own children, we have passwords and usernames for any account or social site they have access to. They understand it's for their own protection. They've made some minor mistakes, but we've all learned from them. Also, computers and laptops are only used in the dining room or family area (this goes for adults too).

PC Magazine rates a number of these software: Parental Control & Monitoring - Products

But this review seems to be more up-to-date: Parental Software Review 2014 | Best Parent Control Software | Parental Controls - TopTenREVIEWS

Lastly, Adrienne, I know it's very easy for our children to fall prey to inappropriate sites, sometimes even by accident. I viewed a very good YouTube video by a homeschooling couple ago on this topic. If you go to YouTube and Search for Shirley Solis, you should find the webinar.....if this is something you would like to know more about.
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 12-30-2013 at 03:54 PM.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

monicaow020 is offline Junior Member Newbie

My friend used SpyLogger - she's satisfied with this program. For all I know it's very effective and discreet. If you want, I'll can ask her how does it works.

Sounds interesting... But how does it work? I need good and easy tool.

monicaow020 is offline Junior Member Newbie

My friend told me that this program, SpyLogger, allows to see what user writes and where he stays. She told that it's very effective and discreet.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Thanks a lot! I'll try it, I looked for something similar for a long time.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

I ordered this program and I must say it's very useful - above all installing and setting is easy, I can recommend with a clear conscience.