Looking for parents homeschooling a child with dyslexia
    topsytechie is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Question Looking for parents homeschooling a child with dyslexia

Hi! I'm busily working on an ebook, in cooperation with Time4Learning, that is designed to help those parents who are homeschooling a child with dyslexia. If you would be willing to share a little bit about your experience, with the possibility of having your story included in the ebook, would you either PM me here on site or email me at [email protected]? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Kerry

CryingEagle is offline Junior Member

Hello,
    I am a new member here. I am currently homeschooling my two youngest sons ages 14, (Amadeo), and 11, (Alex). Both of them have been diagnosed with ADHD, and various other learning disabilities. I discovered that both boys are dyslexic while grading their papers, earlier this year. It has been a constant challenge trying to get them "caught up to grade level, as neither of them comprehend anything past a fourth-grade level. I have noticed that both boys have extreme difficulty in comprehending written or even verbal instructions. I have been searching relentlessly for information on how to homeschool special needs kids, and ways to make education a pleasurable experience for them. It's been a long and frustrating road to find things that work for them. They do enjoy learning games, and they seem to do so much better playing games. I am so glad to be able to give Time4Learning a try. I do hope that my boys will enjoy it, and LEARN! School starts again for us tomorrow, and I am trying to make a new schedule and find some new ideas to incorporate. I look forward to speaking with other parents as well as Time4Learning moderators and exchange ideas and information. I have not yet figured out the PM function, but maybe I will a little later this evening or tomorrow.