Looking for teacher to evaluate our homeschooled son with ASD
    GavinsMom is offline Junior Member

Default Looking for teacher to evaluate our homeschooled son with ASD

I am looking for a teacher to evaluate my 7 year old ASD son in the Wooster, Oh area or surrounding. I know we are not "done" with the school year but I figured I would begin my search early. He is non-verbal, but incredibly smart! This is the first year I have homeschooled and have multiple examples of what we have covered, but I also want to make sure I have everything I need should I be closely examined by my local school district.(Northwestern LSD)
    If you are able to do that or know of someone who can, please let me know as I would like to talk to the individual beforehand.
    Thank you!

parkermegan is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi, i saw your post and am willing to help. I work in the school system and know the guidelines for homeschooling. Please let me know if you want help. Thanks.

GavinsMom is offline Junior Member

Hi Megan!
    I'm sorry I didn't see your reply earlier. We've been having a bit of a struggle the last few weeks so our normal homeschool routine has been out of sorts.
    Please any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! I had attempted to look up online for some type of example of what kindergartners are supposed to be learning and was not able to find a reasonable example. Since I'm never sure what will appeal to my son I bought several kindergarten workbooks and the most age appropriate materials relating to History, Science and Geography. I am somewhat lost as far as what I'm supposed to be teaching him in regards to those 3 subjects. I just do not understand how much information about those subjects is relevant to a kindergartner. When I had to submit the proposed curricula to the school district they asked me to list the table of contents for each book I was using! (Pardon me while I question the relevance of that!)
    Anyway, please contact me at your earliest convenience through my email [email protected]
    Thank you.