Need help! Trying to homeschool my autistic son.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By lovehmschlg
  • 3 Post By missmommudd

Thread: Need help! Trying to homeschool my autistic son.

Honeybee Guest

Default Need help! Trying to homeschool my autistic son.

I want my child to learn and he isn't getting an education if he is spending the most part of school at home because he is autistic and the school cannot deal with him and his melt downs what do I do because the home schooling seems like he doesn't understand it and I am new at this and I don't understand the lesson plans and how to set everything up

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Honeybee, have you signed up to use Time4Learning? Because the lessons here are already set up. You only need to login and start working through the lessons, which are in a video format.
    I'm just trying to understand what you're saying. Are you referring to the lesson plans on Time4Learning and getting started with Time4Learning?
    Time4Learning is student paced and you have the flexibility of choosing different grade levels for different subjects, if needed. This link on Getting Started should be helpful. If you have already signed up with Time4Learning, I encourage you to go to your Parent Administration page where you can view some videos which will be very helpful in learning to navigate the site.
    When I first started using Time4Learning, I thought it was going to be challenging for me, but it turned out to be a very easy-to-use curriculum, for my daughter as well as for myself. She has picked up on how to go from lesson to lesson on her own.

In addition to using Time4Learning for our homeschool, we have joined a homeschool support group. We are attending a co-op of classes, like Spanish, hands-on science experiments, music. We have a couple of boys with autism, and then my daughter with Down syndrome. The kids get to have fun learning once a week for a couple of hours.

Lastly, if you do need some assistance, you can email [email protected] or call 888-771-0914
    wardsagapeschool likes this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

missmommudd is offline Junior Member

Your situation sounds much like mine. We have been raising 3 grandsons for 13 years. Two very affected ADHD, PTSD, bi-polar, one a Type 1 Diabetic + & one 16 year old ADD, OCD, PTSD bi-polar or personality disorders. Some disagree on the last diagnosis. This year we had an unusually horrific year as my boys dealt with their dad, whom we had adopted he and his twin 35+years ago. We let him back into their lives, bad choice! I won't go into the details but the melt downs, the full blow migraines for all 3, made it so we were being called as many as 5-10 times a day to help work things out with them. We were blessed with a loving public school system. The youngest suffered a horrific person year and we were asked to file a medically fragile form from doctors because he was missing so much school. It was also happening with our eldest, he was hospitalized 3 times last year. Neither can handle crowds, noise or stress very well. They have been in counseling almost all their lives. When I first started here with T4L, I was a little confused . Believe me the staff here is more than helpful and will answer any questions you have. I also watched the you tube recommended site and all is very helpful. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! I have one that learns best by looking distracted but he gets it all. One who loves sitting at the computer and one I have to work with in HIS way of working things out. His attention is very different. Just remember. There is no perfect family situation hardly anymore. Your perfect is what you have and the best it can be ,what ever that may be.

Thoughtful is offline Junior Member Newbie

Honeybee how old is your son?

Thoughtful is offline Junior Member Newbie

How old is he?

Momcares11 is offline Junior Member Newbie

You will need help.