new- have son with aspergers
    truffles is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default new- have son with aspergers

Hello everyone! We are new. My son is 8 and has enjoyed the program so far. We homeschooled half day and half at public last year and decided that home was the best for him. He loves it and so do I most of the time. I just have to remember to take some time away for myself. We have 4 kids altogether ranging in age from 12 to 6. My youngest is adopted and deaf if anyone ever wants to chat about that...... So- I hope everyone is having a happy homeschooling day!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Welcome to the forum! We're looking forward to hearing more about your family.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

championmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Truffles
    We are new here too. I just started my 12 yr. old and 11 yr. old. My 12 yr. old has Aspbergers and 11 yr. old is Dyslexic. We moved to an dinky town with an exceptionally dinky school where they had never experienced Aspbergers. After an hellish year and no growth we pulled out and are now doing T4L. I was refered by the homeschool acadamy available here. We do weekly classes at school and they are loving it.
    They have more confidence now and no stress. My 11 yr. old was with drawing because the teacher kept telling him he had to read "little" books. My 12 yr. old was having panic attacks at school and was hiding in the bathrooms. I am struggling with no time for myself but my kids are happy.

truffles is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks for sharing! We had the same issues with our school. Small town also. My son is now doing so much better and I'm learning to work in time for myself the sacrifice on my part is starting to look like its worth it. I never want to see him go through what he did last year. He struggled in school before that also, but last year by far was the straw that ended it.
    It's sad to hear that your son was resorting to the bathroom as his withdrawing spot........why can't the teachers give them more comfortable alternatives to feel safe? I guess we know they are overloaded.......and in my case close minded about my sons issues.
    Well, I hope you are having as awesome of a week as we are! Long live cool moms!

Mamacita is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello all. We are brand new here and wanting to use the curriculum here mostly as homeschool with adding in a few things. My son is currently being tested for Asperger's so we'll see what these people come up with. I'm a little scared. By the way I am using this for my almost 14yr old son who is my youngest. My 16yr old is Dyslexic, my 18yr old is in college, and my 2 oldest have my grandbabies !
    Nice to meet you, and I am here to learn as well.
    ~*~ Mamacita to 5 (funny lil family joke) and "BonBon" to 3 grandchildren and new miracle on the way ~*~