New Here with a special needs child
    Kmoran02 is offline Junior Member

Default New Here with a special needs child

We just joined Time4learning, and I am glad I found it! My daughter has some special needs, ( PDD-NOS, and learning disabilities) and I have been having trouble finding ways to make learning enjoyable.. until yesterday. It was her first day on it, and she LOVED it! If you are considering Time4learning for your special needs child, I strongly encourage you to try it! :0)

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome! It is so nice to meet you. My mama heart so completely understands exactly where you're coming from. I have four sons, three that learn differently. After years of homeschooling I found Time4learning back in 2007 and all the boys went up more than they ever had in the year end testing. I look forward to getting to know you better as you travel this wonderful and amazing road of home education with your child.

(((Big Welcome Hugs)))
    Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Mary,
    Do your children do only T4L, or other things as well?
    Kelly

Blog Entries

Hi Kelly,

We use Time4Learning for Math, Language Arts, Phonics and some language arts extensions. I use unit studies to teach history and science. Here's the funny thing. The boys will "sneak" and do the Time4Learning history and science on their own anyway. (smile) We also do bible, nature study, penmanship and we are very active in our local homeschool co-op where the boys take 5 classes every Friday for 11 weeks in the fall and 11 weeks in the spring. How about you?
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

We just startes homeschooling, so we are still trying to find our "groove". So we are doig a little bit of everything at this point. Lol!

Blog Entries

Kelly, getting started is so much fun and a little scary. I can't wait to see your "groove". (smile) You guys are gonna do GREAT!

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Kelly! I'm glad you found T4L.
    Melissa.

mcmary is offline Member

I am very excited to hear that you like it! We just found out about T4L! I showed my daughter the sample middle school science bit and she liked it. She currently attends language arts and social studies at our local school but is asking to be home-schooled next year (she will still take enrichment courses at a homeschool program offered by our school district). She's an auditory learner so I am thrilled to find something interactive on the computer that is non-text-book-based. Thanks for sharing your experience so far!