New to home schooling
    Dan Kaminsy is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to home schooling

I'm just starting out, a little nervous, but after the last couple of years of my son going to public school i'm ready for just about any thing, my son has behavioral issues, and the last meeting I had with the school, they told me they would just call 911. Then they wanted me to sit in his class for 30 days, thats when I figured that I will teach him at home,plus most public school special needs programs seem to put the education towards the bottom of the list of what your child needs.

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kaminsy View Post
    I'm just starting out, a little nervous, but after the last couple of years of my son going to public school i'm ready for just about any thing, my son has behavioral issues, and the last meeting I had with the school, they told me they would just call 911. Then they wanted me to sit in his class for 30 days, thats when I figured that I will teach him at home,plus most public school special needs programs seem to put the education towards the bottom of the list of what your child needs.
    Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! You can do this! After your experience I think you will find home education to be a wonderful alternative. I've been homeschooling for 13 years and don't regret one single second. Time4learning is perfect for both special needs and typical learning children. I have used it for all four, but my oldest is now in a college remedial program since he graduated. So glad you're here;-)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

tricolordoggie is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have been homeschooling for 6 years and I have no regrets. Yes, some days are smoother than others, just take it a day at a time and enjoy watching your child learn and grow. I am new to this sight b/c I have a child with CAPD. I have heard great things about this sight.