New from Houma Louisana
    calebsmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New from Houma Louisana

My name is Gwen and I am new to T4L. I have an 8 year old son with high functioning autism. Caleb is in the second grade. Our experience at school has been horrible this year!!!! This will be his last week in the public school system. As soon as I get the stamped letter back from the DOE I will be pulling him out. Very glad they have a special needs forum.

alisiam is offline Junior Member Newbie

This will be his last week in the public school system. As soon as I get the stamped letter back from the DOE I will be pulling him out.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Gwen!

So sorry you and Caleb had such a trying year, though I am not surprised. My DD is 14. We pulled her out mid-way through her second year of second grade. She doesn't have autism, but has other issues. Homeschooling is the best way for us. Best wishes for a wonderful summer and a fantastic school year next year.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

topsytechie is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry you have had such a tough time this past year. But I'm glad you are open to homeschooling...you won't believe the amount of stress reduction that comes from homeschooling a child with special needs!! I hope you will keep us up to date with how things are going with you...

tootie4735 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Gwen,
    I'm Tammy from Oakdale,LA. You are doing the right thing. My daughter has ASD and shes 13. I took her out of school when she was 7. I was going threw the same thing you were. And now shes doing awsome and at her own pace. She loves getting on the computer and doing her work. Some times I worry about her doing to much.The number one thing is therapy any kind. That has helped her alot. And they even let me sit in and learn myself. Been holding strong for 8yrs. wouldn't change a thing.So I really hope you and caleb enjoy homeschooling it will be very worth it. I would like to chat some more sometime.