New to Time4Learning - working mom with dyslexic son
    seering is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to Time4Learning - working mom with dyslexic son

I am new to Time4Learning and this is the first year that we are homeschooling. My son is 13, dyslexic and has disgraphia, along with a good case of ADHD. School has always been a struggle for him. He was diagnosed with ADHD at a very young age and dyslexia and disgraphia the summer before 6th grade. He attended 6th grade at a private school for learning differences but the tuition was high so he went to 7th grade in public school. Seventh grade was miserable so we have decided to try homeschooling. My husband and I both work full time. I am nervous about homeschooling and working full time.

I have researched curriculum and came across Time4Learning and decided that maybe this is what he needs to get him caught up to where he needs to be. We are going back to 6th grade level to help him get to where he needs to be.

I look forward to "meeting" new people and look forward to any advice you may have to make homeschooling successful for working parents!

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

~ Welcome ~

My son has some issues w/ reading (have not had him tested) we believe he might be dyslexic. But I wanted to share that my son uses a program that reads his lessons to him. I really think this helped him improve in his spelling this past year.

We have a mac so we use the text to speech program on our mac, but there is a program here that you can use...
    Hints! - Homeschool & Supplementary Online Education Help from Time4Learning

Good luck on a great school year!
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.