New from Tucson with Down Syn
    Janet is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New from Tucson with Down Syn

Hi,
    I am homeschooling my youngest son age 12. My 2 older sons have graduated from homeschool, both are in their 20's. My youngest has down syndrome and is developmental delayed due to a host of medical issues.

We are using T4L as an enrichment and a tool to find his gaps. He had a renal and respiratory failure last yr that caused him to forget a lot of what he previously learned. So instead of re-buying books, relocate websites, T4L is easier to use for this. Everything all in one spot.

My son is lukewarm about computer use. So T4L usage has been tempormental. Somedays it yes mommy let's go and other days is when I pull out the bribes.

He does find it boring with the directions repeating so often. But we do work through that. One thing I am glad of is that you can't move on til you are finished. He has really put the clicking mouse to the test on that one.LOL

We are past our trial membership, but don't know how long we will stay. Hopefully he will get more into the computer lesson. Though we are eclectic and do other things also....FFG, lapbooks, games etc.

That' s it.
    Janet

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Janet. Welcome to the forum.

My youngest son has Down syndrome. There are at least two other members of this board who have children with Down syndrome, too.

One nice thing about Time4Learning is that you don't have to commit to a long term. You can stop and start again as the need arises.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Chana is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi,
    I homeschool my 2 sons with Down Syndrome.They love the computer-I feel I get a better idea of what they know with the computer.My question is how is everyone using the program.How do you expand the lessons and where are all the resources they say are added?I rarely use worksheets so to me the program is animated work sheets.I'm not complaining because they really like it-just want to do more with the programMy boys are 12 and turning 11.
    thanks-Chana

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Chana. Are you looking for the printable resources? Log in as a parent. Scroll down to Additional Resources and click on "Time4Learning Lesson Plans". You can access the worksheets through the lesson plans. Use the icon key to identify the printables. Don't forget to look at the Guides, as well as the printable worksheets.

Welcome to the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!