Occupational Therapy
    lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Default Occupational Therapy

Wondering if your child is in Occupational Therapy, what kinds of things is the therapist working on with your child?
    My daughter is in varying grade levels between 1st grade to 4th grade. Her most challenging subject is math. So her therapist has been helping her with learning money and time.
    So if you have a child about the same age level, can you share what your child's therapist is doing with your child?

Thanks!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

RhondaL is offline Junior Member

My son is in fourth grade and in Occupational Therapy. The challenge that his therapist is working on with him is his writing. She has him make a list each week of what they will do during their session and during the last part of their session she works with him on various writing projects (like mad libs). Unfortunately, I have no input on math suggestions because that's my son's strongest subject. I would suggest keeping an eye on areas of struggle (sometimes new ones will present or there will be changes) and speak with the therapist about what suggestions they have for improvement in those areas.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Thank you, Rhonda! That is very helpful. My daughter's strength is reading, but she could definitely use some work on her sentence structure. I'll talk to her therapist about it.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass