Parent Questionnaire/helping a helper
    AlexSp Ed is offline Junior Member

Default Parent Questionnaire/helping a helper

thanks 4 your help
    Last edited by AlexSp Ed; 01-31-2011 at 09:52 AM.

crickbrie is offline Member

Hi Alex,
    My daughter is 9 and was in special education classes at public school from 1st to 3rd grade. She is now homeschooled, but I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our experience.
    Christy

AlexSp Ed is offline Junior Member

Thanks 4 your help
    Last edited by AlexSp Ed; 01-31-2011 at 09:52 AM.

pcmama98 is offline Junior Member Newbie

crickbrie, Can you help me? I have a 9 year old son on the autism spectrum as well who was in special education classes since his diagnosis. So, K-3. Obviously, he made very little progress focusing primarily on life skills a majority of the time with very little standard based curriculum in his self-contained one size fits all, autism classroom placements. The gap is widening and I decided to homeschool instead. But the gap is larger than one year. He is functioning in reading at the pre-k/K level, and in between pre-k and 2nd grade for other disciplines/subjects. He would be scheduled in the 4th grade if in public school, but I am not sure how much of the 4th grade curriculum he would actually be able to master. I missed the questionaire at Time4Learning' startup and I was wondering how to set my son's Time4Learning up since I am still required to meet state standards. He currently takes an "alternate state assessment" if in public school so I am not sure if I should just enroll him in the 2nd grade on Time4Learning or will the program let me have him in the 4th grade and do pre-k work in some areas?...lost. help! lol...