Son with PDD-NOS and SPD
    CarinMB is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Son with PDD-NOS and SPD

Hello,

I have a 4 year old (5 in March) son on the spectrum, diagnosed as PDD-NOS (not officially as SPD, it's hard to get that diagnosis around here, but it's very obvious that he has it). He is currently attending a PPCD (preschool program for children with disabilities) class, but after the school year finishes out, my husband and I decided it would be best to home school him. "Academically" (what would you call it at a pre-k level? LOL), he is very smart and tests above average, but typical of kids on the spectrum, he's not there behavior-wise. His teacher says he is more than ready for Kindergarten if we can get him past the behavior issues. Don't get me wrong, he's not a horrible child who causes a lot of mischief, etc. He's a very sweet boy, but it's hard to get him to focus wheHun there are so many things to distract him.

Anyway, we decided it would be best to home school him. So I am more or less just kind of easing into it right now, having him do the pre-k lessons. So far he is enjoying the site (and he loves working on the computer).

At the moment he is also receive speech therapy and a little bit of occupational and physical therapy (assuming they have started on the last two yet--either way, he's not receiving enough to make a difference, so we are trying to get services outside the school, and are also looking into ABA therapy).

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Horrible child?? I agree, not horrible, just maybe needs exta time, space, and love. Here is a link for help using the site. Hints and Help
    Joyfully,
    Jackie