Son w/ Aspergers can't stand the sound of a lot of the effects and voices
    DRsmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Son w/ Aspergers can't stand the sound of a lot of the effects and voices

When I just tried to post this before, it froze and then I lost this and then it said to "lengthen my post to 10 characters"! Anyway, I'll be sure to copy it before I submit next time!
    My son, 13, 8th, can't stand the sound of many of the sound effects and voices teaching these lessons. Hearing sensitivity is one of his issues. Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way that it can be set to all text? I'd hate to have to stop this again. He also finds it to be a bit "baby-ish".

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Posts have to have a certain amount of characters before it will accept them.

Contact technical support with your questions about using text only. That subforum is at the bottom of the main forum page.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Posts must be a certain length in order for it something to post.

Contact technical support with your question about using text only.

(888) 771-0914 weekdays from 8:30am to 7:00pm (6pm on Fridays) EST.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Aurorastang is offline Junior Member Newbie

My son can't stand some characters either, then he flips out and hits the computer. He's 7. He said it's for "babies" too, I need something other than books, worksheets, etc. and this is perfect. But, only if he likes it lol

Melissa55 is offline Junior Member

Oh dear! I had the opposite probelm. My son (with autism) LOVED the sounds that T4L made when he answered something wrong. So he would purposely answer incorrectly. Will headphones work for your son? Not to hook up to the computer, but just to dull the tone of the voices a bit. Maybe he could get some cool ones in his favorite colour? Or put stickers of his favorite character on them? I bought my son headphones to help him deal with noise sensitivity when he was younger. I had to get special hunting ones to real dull out loud sounds for when we went to parties or loud outings. I wish I had some more ideas. Good luck! Melissa

Aurorastang is offline Junior Member Newbie

I was thinking about that too, but then his ears get so hot haha ( sensory disorder) but I will try, maybe some camo ones I love this program though it helps a lot.

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

My child she also has a sensory issue so I partially understand your issue. She can not be part of any chorus at schools. I have researched other online curriculumns if she puts her foot down to this one. However from what I have seen they would probably fall into the same maturity level.
    There was one that looked more technical and less fun but I can not find my pamphlet to remember the name so you can look it up. I do see so many when I am learning new methods. What you will be looking for is called an online curriculumn if you are wanting all his school work to stay on the internet.