speciall needs - DS
    mumtothree is offline Junior Member

Smile speciall needs - DS

Hi,

I have been trying to use Time 4 learning with my 10 year old daughter with DS. Havent really been able to find my way around and have therefore not utilised it maximally. Also find it difficult to coordinate with what shes doing at sschool.
    Would love to know if there are other parents with special needs kids and learn from thier experiences

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! I use Time4Learning with my six-year-old son, who has DS. I can't help with the coordination of school and home activities, because he is 100% homeschooled, but I thought I'd say hi!

If you're having trouble finding your way around, be sure you've read the Getting Started Guide and all of the Hints, located beneath the "Help/FAQs" tab at the top of this page.

At what level have you placed your daughter? I use the pre-k for my son. Time4Learning is great, because the activities can be repeated and reviewed as needed.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

B.B. Armistead is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello Ladies - I've just used Time4Learning today for the first time with my 11-year-old daughter, Anna Joy. She has DS. I don't yet know how to get the full benefit of this program, but I suppose I'll figure that out as we dive in. I was most interested in the opportunity to talk with other families who are homeschooling their child with Down syndrome. I actually discovered Time4Learning by typing in just that, "homeschool children with Down syndrome," and up popped T4L. I typed the same thing in 3-4 years ago, and they certainly weren't around then when I started this journey. I'm hoping this program can help move us forward and provide a bit of scope and sequence (ie. what to do next). My husband and I (along with our 3 children) have been serving the last 17 years in Indonesia as Christian overseas workers. Special Ed doesn't exist here and I've felt a bit ill-equipped to chart the next steps forward in Anna's education.

Have you found that you have needed to do some extra teaching in order for your child to understand the lessons? Anna did her first lesson today using 2nd grade Language Arts, and though she had the foundation to do the lesson, I was just wondering what happens when she gets beyond what she knows. Who does the teaching when it's new material? Have you found T4L does enough teaching on the topic? Would be interested to hear what you all are doing.

Hope to hear your thoughts, Bonnie

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Bonnie!

IN order to get around the site easier, try reading Hints and Helps and Getting Started with Time4Learning. Both will have links to many questions you might have.

Here is the Scope and Sequence by grade level and subject. Just click on what you need.

The lessons are just that, lessons. They teach the concept and give your child the opportunity to practice the new skill. Some have tests and quizzes, and some have worksheets you can print off for your child. If there is a worksheet, you will see the word "Resource" in green just under the icon. Also, keep in mind you have access to a grade level up and and grade level down from where your child is currently working. If you feel you need more help in an area, check the supplemental forum for the grade level you need and see what resources are listed. You will have to search a bit to find things...just look at the titles of posts to get an idea what they are about.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie