Time 4 learning follows california elementary curriculum ??
    tonton is offline Junior Member

Default Time 4 learning follows california elementary curriculum ??

Hi,

1.) I just wanted to verify if the time 4 learning lessons follow the State curriculum such as the California curriculum from K to 8th grade ???

2.) My son is 6 year old non-verbal autistic and due to ADHD issues, It is important that I sit next to him and keep an eye and guide him along so his mind does not wander off. We finished all the kindergarten math and Reading lessons in less than a month, and now we are getting ready for Grade 1. Basically, we entered all the kindergarten activity codes and finished each activities . Is this all there is to it? or did we miss something ??

Thanks
    tonton

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The curriculum used by Time4Learning was designed for schools and is aligned with state and national standards.

There is an easier way to use the program than manually entering the codes. Read all of the Hints to get started. Also, read the information at the bottom of your student's login page.

It sounds like your son has a great start!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I'm not sure where the "easier way to use the program than manually entering the codes" is located? Are you reffering to the icons at the top such as the 'ABC icon for the reading activities? and the "123" icon for the math ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    The curriculum used by Time4Learning was designed for schools and is aligned with state and national standards.

There is an easier way to use the program than manually entering the codes. Read all of the Hints to get started. Also, read the information at the bottom of your student's login page.

It sounds like your son has a great start!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Click on the word "Hints" in my post above. There are several pages, so you'll need to click on the arrow at the top, right-hand side of each page of hints to go to the next page.

Have you been using the flashing arrow at all? If you click on one of the ABC or 123 icons that you referred to, you will see a list of chapters. An arrow will be pointing to one chapter. Click on it and you will be taken to a list of lessons, with the arrow pointing to one. Click on it and you will be taken to a list of lesson activities, with an arrow pointing to one again. When you click on that, you will be able to do that activity. Basically, you just log in, choose a subject, and keep clicking where the arrow points until you reach something to do!

Using the icons gives you access to the quizzes and tests, too.

Let me know if you have any more questions. If your child has completed all of the K lessons, you probably want to click on the link at the top of this page to request to have his level advanced.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I have browsed through the hints. thanks for the tip. I still prefer entering the activity codes because it gives my son keyboarding skills. Yes, he is the one who enters the codes =) although I have to be there beside him and dictate to him the code #.

there is one character my son finds either creepy or scary. its the turtle character. he always covers his eyes when this character is in the lesson. Its not a big deal.

I wish there were lessons with coloring words just like the coloring letters lesson in T4L. it might help my son with his handwriting skills which is zero(thank God he is good with the mouse)

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    Click on the word "Hints" in my post above. There are several pages, so you'll need to click on the arrow at the top, right-hand side of each page of hints to go to the next page.

Have you been using the flashing arrow at all? If you click on one of the ABC or 123 icons that you referred to, you will see a list of chapters. An arrow will be pointing to one chapter. Click on it and you will be taken to a list of lessons, with the arrow pointing to one. Click on it and you will be taken to a list of lesson activities, with an arrow pointing to one again. When you click on that, you will be able to do that activity. Basically, you just log in, choose a subject, and keep clicking where the arrow points until you reach something to do!

Using the icons gives you access to the quizzes and tests, too.

Let me know if you have any more questions. If your child has completed all of the K lessons, you probably want to click on the link at the top of this page to request to have his level advanced.