Using T4L as Supplement for your special needs child?
    tnajk is offline Junior Member

Default Using T4L as Supplement for your special needs child?

My son desperately wants to return to public school this year. We have our reservations, but would like to give him a chance and see what he can do.

He thrives with the animations and visual learning style of T4L. Even then, he usually has to go over a lesson a couple times before it "get's in" and being able to do that with T4L was ideal. In public school, he won't have either of those luxuries. They will move on in the lesson without him regardless.

Also, he has a medical condition that frequently requires he be out of school for a couple weeks at a time. Being able to continue on with our lessons from the hospital or home would be ideal so he doesn't have to miss out entirely on the lessons going on in the classroom.

I would like to request T4L (or Compass Learning Odyssey) be added to his IEP for afterschool review/supplemental online learning as needed. I believe it would qualify under Assistive Technology.

Has anyone ever done this? Were you successful?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

My son has never been in public school, so I can't answer from my own experience. I can say, from years of moderating this forum, that many parents have successfully had Time4Learning added to their child's IEP. Good luck!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!