Visual Learner Issues...Need ideas!
    TNAutismBorden is offline Junior Member

Default Visual Learner Issues...Need ideas!

My daughter is a Visual Learner; therefore, we have come across a problem with the Activity sessions-Kindergarten Level. First, the examples given prior to each activity shows/explains what is the wrong answer and why. Lastly, it selects the correct answers. When the next screen turns the activity over to the student and only allows one selection my visual learner seems to select all the wrong answers in order to get the correct answers. Initially, I thought she was just not getting the hang of the lesson and I am sure she is not a 100% A+ student. But, once we tackle the quizzes it allows you to select or change your mind in regards to answers then submit and move on to the next question. Again, she picks all the wrong answers then finishes the question with the correct answer and then selects to move on to question 2, etc. In reports I noticed for Math in activity lessons she is about 60%- probably with my assistance in keeping her hands away from mouse and attempting to talk her through it. In Quizzes she is 96%. Any tips on how to work this out in techniques or procedures? I am working on LISTENING skills but any ideas in that arena would be a help as well.

Brook Simmons is offline Senior Member

You know whats great about T4L is you can let your child play around with it and get use to it. They can fail and start over again later when they are ready to learn. They can twist in there chair. Stand on there head. Tap there pencil. Click away on the mouse. Stand on there chair all they want and come back and do it again.They can click on it and get all the wrong answers over and over again and you can stay calm because its ok they can fix it.
    My child actually clicked all the wrong answers too.... on purpose because she wanted to see the reaction. She liked the eeeeeh of some games and other stop and tell you how to do the lesson all over again and she liked it.

My child will do lessons over and over and over and over again because she likes them and as long as she is getting the other work done I let her do it. However I let her do it. I am there to make sure she stays on the site but what she gets done or does not get done is completely up to her and later when she asks can I have this or can I do this I ask her did you finish your homework?

Robin is offline Senior Member

Is she doing this because the activity does it? Copying their method of picking an answer?

I ask because my son would parrot me. If I showed him how to work out a math problem, when he worked the next, he would work it exactly the way I said it. Even sounding like me. Even if the problem had less steps than the one I worked out, he would still mention that part in the problem and say, no...we don't need to do that.
    Hope that makes sense. LOL

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

That makes great sense, Robin. I never thought about it, but I am sure lots of kids do just what you described.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

TNAutismBorden is offline Junior Member

Robin,
    She is definitely parroting the method of selection in the example given. She will copy, draw or color anything indentically. I have tried to darken the screen when the incorrect answers are given then lighten it back up on the last correct answer. She does not like that at all.