Where do I find the read along program you have?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CindyLouWho is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Where do I find the read along program you have?

I need to load it onto my older daughter's user. Also, does it highlight the words as it is being read? That would really help us out as well.
    She is dyslexic with visual perception problems & sensory integraton issues, so the read along resource would be helpful.

We just signed up for our trial yesterday afternoon. So far so good. Both kiddos enjoyed doing their schooling today.

The playground time is especially gratifying after working so hard to learn their lessons.

Thanks for your help!
    Cindy

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Are you talking about Peedy Parrot? He is available in Science and Social Studies for grades three and up. Here is how to locate it. You actually get into a lesson and find the speaker icon to download the program.

If you are running Windows XP, don't forget to download SAPI4, also. The link is at the bottom of the page I linked you to above.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions. Include what operating system and browser you are using.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

NewLifeAcademy is offline Member Regular

Thank you times a thousand! I didn't realize this.

tagray6 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Peedy Parrot

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy
    Are you talking about Peedy Parrot? He is available in Science and Social Studies for grades three and up. Here is how to locate it. You actually get into a lesson and find the speaker icon to download the program.

If you are running Windows XP, don't forget to download SAPI4, also. The link is at the bottom of the page I linked you to above.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions. Include what operating system and browser you are using.
    I logged in to my son's account and looked for the speaker icon on one of his science lessons, but I didn't see it. Where do you need to go to get to the speaker? I have Windows 2000 and he has Windows 98.

Blog Entries

Did you click on the word "Here" in my post above? That's the best way to understand where it is located, since there's a picture. Let me know if you've already done that.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Yes, I clicked on that, but when I opened the science lesson the speaker wasn't there. Is it a Firefox thing too maybe?

Blog Entries

Are you working on third grade or higher?

Higher - is it only for the lower grades?

Blog Entries

No, it works for most of the activities in science and social studies, third grade and higher. Have you tried to find it on more than one activity? There are a very few activities that it isn't needed on.

I'll check on Monday to see if Firefox might have issues with Peedy.

OK - Thanks! I'll try it on other activities as well. I did try a couple of different pages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast