gifted afterschooling?
    louisesf is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default gifted afterschooling?

Hey there, just signed up to do a spot of afterschooling for my 6 year old. We are in Australia. I have put her into second grade. SHe is working two grades above level here. How old are second graders in the US?
    Anyone else using TFL in this way?
    Thanks!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hello Louisef,

Welcome to the Time4Learning forums. It's so nice getting to know you. In America our average 2nd grader is anywhere from 7-8 years old. Are you using Time4Learning in the afternoons to complement her afterschool program? There are quite a few that do this. We have a special forum dedicated to it. I am going to move your post over for you. I can't wait to hear how it all works out for your little one;-)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

louisesf is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi Mamamary,
    It's very ironic to be in this thread.... there are a few differences between AUstralian English and US English, and this is one of them. You see, of course, it's NOT SUMMER here, it's winter! IN Australia, we don't use the seasons to talk about time. So am American will say, what are you doing in the Summer. We will say, what are you doing in January. Because we know that in the Southern Hemisphere January is summer but in the northern hemisphere, it's winter. So here, 'summer use' or "in winter" is meaningless.....
    I guess I am afterschooling but not winterschooling
    It's funny! I promise I am not normally cranky but this comes up all the time when talking to people from the northern hemisphere, who universally can't see it as an issue!
    Our long holidays are in December/ January (summer!) and the start of the school year is February.
    Anyway thanks for responding and I am looking forward to learning [email protected]!