How does Time4Learning fit into your summer?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default How does Time4Learning fit into your summer?

Last year, June was a very slow month on this forum, and this year appears to be following suit. I'm curious about what everyone is up to.

Are you a homeschooler who schools all year round?

Are you a homeschooler who is taking a summer break?

Do you have children in a traditional school setting, and are using Time4Learning as summer school?

Do you use Time4Learning just for fun?

Our family always takes a break from formal school in the summer. I use the summer to finalize plans for the following year. I've been counting lesson activities and printing and organizing worksheets.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

seashell is offline Member Regular

We use Time4Learning just for fun, so I imagine that will continue through the summer.

Robin is offline Senior Member

My children school year round. So, we'll be using this all summer.

Mimir is offline Junior Member Newbie

HI! We take the summer "off", meaning no structured learning. I needed a break, and so did my kids. Plus, all their friends in the neighborhood are "off" for the summer.

I may set up a reward system where they can log on to T4L to earn stuff. We'll see though

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

we take summers off but I let my son play on here if he wants to go to the playground. I use it to make my schedule for the following years and see what I need for the year
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

momof5boys is offline Junior Member Newbie

We school all year round. Our school year starts in January and ends just before Christmas. We take 14-16 weeks off here and there throughout the year. It's nice to school in the summer and be able to go on vacation in the off seasons.

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

I know its still many many months away but we take a lot of time off during the year. My son does much better if we take "extended" weekends every so often, so we homeschool during the summer. If we do school for to long at once( he is on the autism spectrum) he can have a meltdown and those are soooo not pleasant. We try to avoid them as much as possible.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

hsjwmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: How does Time4Learning fit into your summer?

My 8.5 yr old will be using T4L all summer in order to get caught up. We're trying to get her to where she'd be if we had enrolled her in public from the start. (She's supposed to be in 3rd right now. She zipped through 2nd grade math and is about to start 3rd, has finished 2nd grade LA and started 2nd grade LAX today. She LOVES it.)

I'm not sure what my 6yo will do...She's on track and doesn't *need* to work all summer. We'll probably have her do some work because she is terrible at retaining her math lessons.
    JW homeschooling mama to: Abbysnail - 8 (2nd/3rd grade), Chica - 6 (1st grade), and Loveybug - 11 months

dhassing is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are new--2 days into it today. My daughters attend a very good public school, but they struggle in a few areas. We are using it after school to reinforce what they are learning in school. We plan to use it this summer to make sure they don't slide backwards. Is there a forum for parents who use this after school? I am trying to work out a schedule for my girls. What schedule to parents use in the summer? Thanks

Firefly7071 is offline Junior Member

My son has been in public school since kindergarten and he is now finishing 4th grade. We are going to give home schooling a shot by doing a lite version over the summer and see how it goes. If it goes well we will keep him home this fall. I plan on using T4L as the core curriculum, add field trips and electives in the fall first. I am really nervous about it, so I like the structure of T4L for me. I figure if he only does T4L he will still be ahead of what he would be learning in his public school. Just last Friday, our school system cut 574 teacher positions and are maxing out class size. (housing market ruined property tax revenue.) My sons class was a mess with only 22 kids. I cant imagine 30+???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast