How we treat summer schooling...
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By shavonsweda
  • 1 Post By katshu2
  • 1 Post By Alexklaschools

Thread: How we treat summer schooling...

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default How we treat summer schooling...

T4L makes it easy to just continue on schooling during the summer. Most of my daughter's friends are homeschooled as well, so this makes it convenient to get together, and most of them modify school during summer, but do not stop completely. Last year we did not modify school for summer time. I think this year we will modify a little bit, but will continue on. Taking a long break means that it is too hard to ramp up to full school schedule again. For us, it just makes sense to school during the brutally hot times, and take more breaks during the more reasonable weather seasons, like spring and fall.
    I think for those who are not homeschooling now, or who need a boost between grades, or don't want their children mentally idle during the summer break, T4L is a wonderful way to keep them engaged in learning in a fun, light atmosphere.
    Enjoy your summer!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

charactereducation is offline Junior Member

That’s wonderful news, I am really glad to read about the summer schooling system, can you please tell me the date of admission?

With Time4Learning there are no admission dates to meet. Start when you and your child are ready. Work at the pace that suits your family. Break when you need to, restart when you are ready. That is part of the beautiful flexibility of T4L!!
    With T4L there are also no contracts or long term commitments, no huge chunks of money for a curriculum that may or may not work for your child. Try it...if you like it, continue. If you don't, we understand that it is not for every child or learning style.
    I hope that your child(ren) will enjoy T4L and you will make the choice to continue with it.

Linda
    Liking homeschooling, loving Time4Learning, for 4 years and counting~!

shavonsweda is offline Junior Member

Hello Linda,
    I am new to T4L. I have one daughter that will be starting 5th grade.(new to homeschooling) and I didn't want to go thru the whole summer without her doing some kind of lessons. I thought your idea is great to modify as needed for summer break. Thank you!
    bailbrae and MamaToHerRoo like this.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shavonsweda View Post
    Hello Linda,
    I am new to T4L. I have one daughter that will be starting 5th grade.(new to homeschooling) and I didn't want to go thru the whole summer without her doing some kind of lessons. I thought your idea is great to modify as needed for summer break. Thank you!
    Welcome to T4L! I'm so glad you stopped in here, and jumped into the conversation. Looking forward to seeing you around...
    MamaToHerRoo likes this.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Glad you like the suggestions! Every summer we do things a little differently, but we do school all year long. This summer my daughter is doing a Time4Writing paragraph course, some serious math review, and a couple of science courses in addition to her music lessons and horseback riding lessons. I'm hoping this won't be too difficult
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

Alexklaschools is offline Junior Member

keep yourself updated on T4L, that will help your children to get the homework assignments online in summer.
    bailbrae likes this.