Summer Learners, 2015: Roll Call!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Summer Learners, 2015: Roll Call!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Summer Learners, 2015: Roll Call!

Are you using Time4Learning this summer? Please check in here and tell us whether you are simply continuing homeschool throughout the summer, using T4L as a summer school alternative, or doing a little informal catching up (or something else entirely!).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

sukstap is offline Junior Member

My 1st grader will continue to use T4L over the summer-

My 9th grader was not overly impressed with the high school courses so we are looking into different curriculum options for her. She wasn't a fan of the geometry and wanted to do teaching textbooks so that was delivered yesterday and she will start that as her math curriculum this summer.

Alexmom123 is offline Junior Member Newbie

My public school educated second grader needs a some remedial help and we are using T4L for the first time over the summer. Hoping it has a good effect!

MomOfR is offline Junior Member

We are just beginning using T4L this summer. My daughter has some health issues and her grades for this year (7th grade) are very low. I am having her do 7th grade T4L over the summer to help her catch up. I am considering homeschooling both of my kids next year but they both want to stay in school with their friends. I believe both would benefit greatly from that one on one attention but I also work from home. So I am truly struggling with this decision.

Blog Entries

Hi, sukstap, AlexMom and MomOfR! Welcome to the "summer club". Please do share some specific things that work or don't work for you throughout the summer. There are so many ways to "do school" during the summer, and others can benefit from your experiences. Thanks for checking in!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

jag1416 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I was looking for something to keep my 6 year old mentally active throughout the summer when I came across time4learning. I registered him for the 2nd grade program, because he is completing 1st grade this week and I'm hoping to promote a head start for next year. My 6 year old son loves this program so much that he asks to work on it every day, after attending public school, and completed all of 2nd grade science in just 2 weeks! I couldn't be more thrilled with his accomplishments since beginning this program. I just registered my 5 year old in the preschool program to prepare him for Kindergarten in the fall. I hope to become more active in the parents forum to keep everyone up to date on my boys progress and to gain helpful ideas and insights to further help my children for the future.

Blog Entries

Hi, jag! Thank you for sharing this. We're glad your six-year-old is such an enthusiastic learner! Please let us know what your younger child thinks about the preschool curriculum. Remember, your preschooler will also have access to K, if you want to try that out.

ReginaR29 is offline Junior Member

My 12yo is going to be going over some of the 6th grade material she struggled with this past year. She went from honor roll first quarter to C's and D's in fourth quarter. When I told her I was sending her summer school, she cried. Then I found this and she couldn't wait to get started. She has already completed a good amount of lessons and her final day of actual school isn't until tomorrow. I hope she stays as enthusiastic all summer long. But I think anything she does will help. She's even excited to do Social Studies which is her least favorite subject.

Blog Entries

What a great story, Regina! From tears to enthusiasm! Have a great summer, and please let us now how things are going.

We're using T4L to help our 6th grader that struggled with math and LA this school year. He's really enjoying it, but feeling overwhelmed. The schedule has him doing about 90 math activities per week. Is there a way I can make his schedule a little lighter?

Thank for any advice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast