Summer Review or Getting Ahead for Fall?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mamaneedham
  • 1 Post By lovehmschlg

Thread: Summer Review or Getting Ahead for Fall?

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Default Summer Review or Getting Ahead for Fall?

I have 5 kids, so I guess I'm doing a little of both. A couple of my kids need to work on some of the math concepts they're still struggling with. Just to be fair - if their siblings are doing schoolwork this summer, I've got the others working on some stuff to get a jump on the fall.

How about you guys?
    bailbrae likes this.
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

We homeschool. Our youngest enjoys T4L, so she's working on it maybe 3 to 4 days a week. Our son is still working through his Algebra 2. And our oldest daughter is taking an online dual enrollment course at the college. So, yes, everyone is doing some work. We've never really had a starting and ending date for homeschooling. Life is learning. And I also think it's important to not go too long without practicing math. We're always reading and doing some writing. We like to take vacations here and there throughout the year, especially when the school session is on. It makes for shorter lines at the theme parks (we live in Florida). So doing schoolwork throughout the entire year is just what we do.
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 07-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    bailbrae likes this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Still working through our current grade level. We do year round as well, and July is usually when we wrap up.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!