Welcome Summer Users
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Welcome Summer Users

JohnEdelson is offline Super Moderator

Default Welcome Summer Users

Wow, is it almost summer time 2013? Did another year slip by, again?

Every May and June, Time4Learning gets a rush of new members.
    And while some stay for the year, many cancel in September, only to return to Time4Learning the following summer. Welcome summer members! This part of the forum is designed to help you.

If you are a summer member, please start by introducing yourself. Tell us about your family and what you are looking for.

• Is it a summer skills sharpener to keep your child from back sliding on hard won academic lessons?

Are you trying to get a head start on next year's lessons?

Is it a remedial situation where your child didn't fully master the materials during the school year so you are using Time4Learning as a way to learn last year's materials?

Are you a homeschooler who is trying a different approach for the summer? During the school year, we are used mostly by homeschool families whereas during the summer, we are mostly used by students in school as a summer-break skills sharpener.

Also, please mention whether you plan to use Time4Learning primarily for language arts, math, or other that you are studying. The Time4Learning website has a full page describing how Time4Learning can used as an online summer program.
    John Edelson, Founder
    It's Time 4 Learning. And Fun!

Time4Learning: Automated Online PreK-12th Curriculum for Math, Language Arts & More.
    Time4Writing provides eight week writing courses for students, 2nd-12th grade. Teachers included!
    Time4MathFacts: Automated Game-Based math facts practice, a foundation for future math success.
    Time4Languages: Ten of Rosetta-Stone's legendary language learning programs provided at reduced costs to T4L members

TerrySue is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am using this for summer and maybe for full time home school for my grandson. He will be 12 this summer and going into 6th grade in the fall. I'm not sure why they passed him at all because he had a D average for the year. He has passed all the yearly state tests without a problem. All adults at school say he is a very sweet well behaved child. In 3rd grade he was retained because he bowed his head and teared up whenever he was asked a question. While he is much better he is still extremely shy. I think that he does so poorly in the classroom because he is afraid to ask for help or speak up when asked a question. I did start some assessment tests on him and while he scored 2 years ahead in reading he is only 3rd grade level in math. I am surprised at how much he knows in most subjects. It makes me even more sure that he is afraid of being in the classroom at school with his peers. I have been told that he is well liked by the older kids at school and does speak to them. They are mostly in 8th grade and I am told very protective of him when his peers bully him. I am using this with hope that it will make him feel good about himself and learning. If he does well then I am going to talk my son into letting him be home schooled next year using this program. I would like to hear from anyone that has had success with this kind of problem.

hcacka is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello

Hi,
    I am a new member of time 4 learning.
    I will be using it this summer and possibly for the year. I have a son in 5th grade (did not pass this past year) and a daughter in kindergarten.
    Any tips or suggestions for being organized and productive are welcome!

jsparkman is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello I am trying this for the summer for my three boys. One just finished 5th grade, and one just finished 4th grade, and one just finished kindergarden. My older two boys are at or above grade level, but lack disapline and their grades often do not reflect it because they dont turn in their homework! They do it they just dont turn it in. How fustrating is that. My youngest son struggled all though kindergarden and finished just at grade level. He has some issues with his motivation toward learning and I am hoping that this will help. I work outside the home, but I am a nurse and I work 12 hr shifts so I work 3 days a week for my full time paycheck which leaves me plenty of time at home to work with the boys. We have really strict rules regarding computer/video game times and having friends over. This came after a stiff lesson learned last summer where I had 5-10 kids at my house all day every day hovered around the x-box and computer and I felt like I was helpless to my childrens friends and games. Last August we turned a new leaf and now the boys can play on the x-box and computer on the weekends only and for a limited amout of time and friends are only welcome in the house on the weekends. It has helped alot. But with summer comming I need the boys to have something to do during the week and I think this will be a great start and can only help them with the school year next year. I am excited and ready to do this and now I just have to get my boys on board!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Welcome to Time4Learning! It sounds like you have a well-thought-out plan in place. Please keep us updated on how things are going this summer.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

ReesesMomMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Brand new member here, and am using T4L for summer enrichment. My daughter's fifth grade year was exceptionally disappointing grade-wise. She was formerly in a remote Texas school where she was completely failing. We moved to Mississippi and her last half of the year was fun for her, but again, passed with 2 C's and 2 D's, and 2 E's (for satisfactory). My goal is to have her repeat her fifth grade curriculum in all subjects over the summer, and then proceed with the 6th grade studies through T4L once she starts traditional school in August. She has indicated that she would very much like to continue a traditional education, but I've warned that if I suspected she was falling behind again, we'd go full-time with homeschooling. She's understanding that her mom wants the best for her and now, we finally have an option that is affordable, fun, and overall, one of the best reviewed programs I've seen to date.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi ReesesMomMom, and welcome! Time4Learning is an excellent resource for summer school, and for supplementing a public school program if needed. I'm so glad to read that you guys are excited to try T4L. I do hope you'll keep us posted with how things go for you guys over the summer!

Looking forward to hearing from you...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

jacpin2002 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi there,

I am starting with T4L for the first time and it is as a summer school sharpener for my child to keep her from backsliding. I started to see the backslidng begin in the last trimester of public school, so I wanted to have something this summer to keep her going. Public school ended about 2 weeks ago, so I gave her a break from school. Now, she needs to get to work for the next 5 weeks. If all goes well, I may keep her throughout the program for the school year as a supplement to her public school studies. I am using it as remedial as well for math. My daughter always seems to struggle and this is the first year that I think I may have found something that will combat her issue. I am so excited and can't wait to see what results of this summer session.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! T4L is a fantastic resource for keeping young minds sharp through summer, and for supplementing other curricula (even those used in public and private schools!). I loved hearing how excited you are, and I hope your summer progresses smoothly.

Looking forward to hearing back from you, as to how things are going!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

DaniBlake is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am using this for the summer for my children who were previously in 3rd, 5th and 7th grade. For the 3rd and 7th grader, just to review and reinforce what they learned. For the 5th grader as a remedial education tool. There is a very high possibility of homeschooling the 5th grader next year, so that child can get the one on one help they need. Tired of the schools pushing struggling children through.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast