3rd Gr. Math: Practice rounding to nearest 10s, 100s, 1000s
    DustBunniesAndBooks is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default 3rd Gr. Math: Practice rounding to nearest 10s, 100s, 1000s

Is there a time limit or something that's required for the student to have the problems done?

My daughter has done it 2 or 3 times (twice with me there) and has opted to do 10 problems each time. Everytime she checks the tenth problem, the timer stops and goes to the stop sign....however, the stop sign is not hyperlinked and we cannot exit that way. After the timer pauses, by the way, it starts back up again.

We then used the bottom exit button, but when we are taken back to the menu, that lesson is not marked as completed.

Any ideas? I recently updated our Flash/Shockwave for another T4L issue, so I don't think it's that. (We're using an older laptop with Windows XP and IE6).

t4ler is offline Support

Default Re: 3rd Gr. Math: Practice rounding to nearest 10s, 100s, 1000s

We tested this activity and it worked correctly each time except when we purposedly took our time completing the activity. After 4 minutes, we were able to click the 'stop' sign , but were not able to exit out of the activity properly. Since there is a timer, there may a set amount of time that is required to complete it. Make sure your child isn't taking too long to complete the activity as this may not allow the activity to be exited properly.

You could also try the activity in a different browser like Firefox and see if the same issue is happening. If you do not have Firefox, you can download for free here.

DustBunniesAndBooks is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you. Once I got our Firefox's Flash/Shockware updated, I used it to launch T4L. The lesson seemed to work fine. But then, I did NOT test the time factor, I just quickly ran through the 10 questions myself and was able to click on the stop sign, get the percentage, and then exit via the bottom back arrow.

Victoria m Noble is offline Junior Member Newbie

Practice: Rounding to the 10's, 100's and 1,000's

We are having the exact same problems here today.
    The first time, my son had 100 problems..I think this kept looping.
    I tried to check the time limits, so I completed it twice to see if we could get past this lesson, and it will not allow us to exit.
    Where can we find tech help?
    Thank you,

Victoria and Jack

P.S.

I use Flock and all has been well until this lesson....
    Victoria and Jack

DawnT4L is offline T4L Support

Hi,

We have tested this activity on multiple computers using Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers (which are supported by the developer of the curriulum) and it has worked with no problems. Since you are using this with Flock, which is a new browser, we advise trying it on either I.E. or FF and making sure that you click the stop sign and the exit buttons as well as maximizing your screen (press F11 on the keyboard). If you still experience problems, please e-mail customer support: [email protected] for additional help.

Thanks,

DawnT4L

This is not a browser issue.

I have been using Flock for over a year and it works with all other lessons.
    The first time, the lesson looped 10 times, asking 100 questions.

Can someone at least mark it as completed for us?

Thank you,
    Victoria

I just tried with IE, and am experiencing the exact same problem.
    The STOP button within the lesson is not working.

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Victoria,
    Can you email support? They will be happy to go in and mark the lesson as complete, but they will need to access your account. Drop them an email at [email protected]

Thanks

Suzanne