6th grade language Arts..
    natsmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default 6th grade language Arts..

My daughter was in LA "My Brooklyn Grandmother" Proper Adjectives and she can't get passed it when it asks her for a proper adj. for People of Japan. she types in everything she can to get the answer and move on to the next screen but it freezes up or she doesn't have the answer correct. We both have tried but no luck. Is it us or the proper adj? We feel alittle frustrated. And Math froze up in the middle of a session on whole numbers adding and subtracting.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I haven't tested the lesson yet, but I'll ask something that might seem obvious first. Is she capitalizing it? Proper adjectives need to be capitalized. Without looking at the lesson, I would guess that the answer should be "Japanese".

I'll go take a peek at the lesson now.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

I just went through the lesson three times, and it worked for me . . . BUT! If the words are not typed in just right, the program assumes they are wrong. For example, if she accidentally hits the space bar before she starts typing, she will not be able to see anything wrong with her answer, but the computer will "think" the space is a character and mark it wrong.

In experimenting with my deliberate wrong answers, I found that it was difficult to correct an error without having it marked wrong again. What worked for me was to hit the green "back" arrow at the bottom of the lesson screen, to go back to the previous page. Then, hit the green "forward" arrow to get to the page you are trying to correct. This gives you a totally fresh version of the page to type on, and your correction should be identified as the proper answer after that.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you still experience problems.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Stephanie739 is offline Senior Member

Yesterday Tori was working on a social studies "test your knowledge" area. The computer was looking for "The Twelve Tables." It took at least 5 tries to get it right. She tried 12 tables, the 12 tables, XII tables, 12 Tables.....we both KNEW this was the right term.

On another note, we have had a few problems with language arts programs. Usually it seems to be a loading issue - it just keeps on loading. I might have her do something else, and try the program again later or even another day. We do have better luck at a later time, for the most part, when this happens.
    ~Stephanie

mom to:
    Tori (13)
    Meghan (9)
    Andy (5)

Blog Entries

Here's another thought. You have to hit the "enter" key after typing in the answer. You might have already known that, but it took me a minute to realize that's what I needed to do.