Android Tablet & Time 4 Learning
    Galigirl80 is offline Junior Member

Default Android Tablet & Time 4 Learning

We just bought a new Android Tablet for our 7 year old and are trying to use T4L. I downloaded Puffin Academy browser and it works fine except for clicking & dragging.

I have a USB mouse connected which works fine with all functions except when the activity includes a "click & drag" motion. The only way I see to do it is to open the on screen mouse pad & use two fingers (very frustrating).

Has anyone else had a similar problem and or solution?

I tried the Time 4 Learning tech email but my email failed a response.. I"m not sure why.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello Galigirl80.

In order for the "drag" feature to work properly (like puzzles, ordering, and other activities involving dragging), you must enlarge the screen. Tap on the expand arrow in the upper right corner of the activity, then just use your finger (no track pad or mouse option) to drag the icons.

That should resolve your issue. If you have any other questions, please post here again or you can also reach T4L Support at 888-771-0914 or by sending an email to [email protected].
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

BettyL is offline Junior Member

I cannot get T4L to work properly on my samsung nook. I have downloaded the puffin app and use it through that app, but it does not respond to my touch and when I do get some response it is jerky and frustrating.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Betty.

We would advise to uninstall and reinstall Puffin Academy, because it may be a glitch within the app. Please also verify that the Nook is an Android based tablet, as Puffin Academy only works on Apple and Android devices. For further assistance, call Time4Learning support at (888) 771-0914. Our business hours are:

Monday - Thursday: 8:30am-8:30pm

Fridays: 8:30am-6pm
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

BettyL is offline Junior Member

Samsung nook is android based. I am actually giving up on Time4Learning today. I have spent far too much time trying to get it to work on my tablet. I cannot have two people logged in at one time. We cannot fast forward through the instructions - so frustrating for my boys. We don't need to hear the instructions every single time we do an activity. I do no like that we cannot give credit for something they already know. We work on Khan academy and it credits you for information that you know and moves you forward. Thank you, but it is just not working for us.