Another person with Peedy problems
    HHMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Another person with Peedy problems

Hello

I tried to down load the componets today and can't get Peedy to work.

The screen only listed 3 of the 4 items listed on the website page that walks you through the download process. SAPI4 was not listed.

I downloaded the 3 items listed.

After processing the downloads, I tried to click the speaker button again. At that point I was brought back to the same dialog window asking me to download the same three items. I went to the MS agent page and downloaded SAPI4 eventhough I have Windows ME. My Internet Explorer is 6.0.

What could I be missing? What do I need to look for?

B

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi HHmom,

Oh that Peedy is a tricky character.

Is this the page that you went to for directions? - MS Agent

This will give you all the components you need. There are 4. If you don't have Windows XP you won't need SAPI4. Instead I believe you'll download SAPI5. You'll want to "run" instead of "save" and you may or may not need to reboot after the install.

Alternatively, if you start ripping your hair out over Peedy, you might consider trying a different reader program. One that we have been recommending is Natural Readers. They have a free version of their reader program that sounds just like Peedy, but you can slow down or speed up the voice. As well, you can use it to read anything, not just T4L lessons. Also you can have it read lessons that don't have Peedy attached to it.

It's easy to download and works with all browsers as far as I know.
    Click here for the free download.

Hope this helps.

Kris
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

HHMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Yanno what, that did the trick!

I was saving as opposed to "open". Peedy does his thing now. He sounds a bit robotic, but at leat I have him talking!

Thanks a Million!

goodnsimple is offline Member Newbie

Oh this is great.
    We laugh about how Peedy sounds... I am trying to encourage my son to go ahead and read first... then Peedy can help with the words he does not know.
    But of course, this is better, so now he can go to those science or encyclopedia web sites and do research, without getting SO frustrated.
    Peedy wasn't working on our "old" computer. (The one I want DS to use) But this program works fine (so far)
    I am getting really excited about school! I can't wait to start. This is really the first year since Kindergarten (in which he had an excellent teacher) where I am happy with our choice of teachers (smile)! It has always been such a stress for me, I hope it works out well, because my husband is not convinced... he is a "what about the social stuff" kind of guy. I have a standard question when we are in groups now... "Who has a positive story about something that happened, socially, in middle school?" Most folks say it was the worst time of their lives.

Anyway, Thanks for this tip. very cool.