answers to quiz...where are the correct answers?????
    dbhill is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default answers to quiz...where are the correct answers?????

Where can I find the answer to key the quizzes and tests after they have been graded? I see how the wrong answer is marked but what is the correct answer? Unfortunately, some of the test or quiz questions I did not know the answer to either and could not give them the correct answer. Surely, there is an answer key somewhere...Thanks for helping!!

nelat4l is offline T4L Support

Hi. Some test and quiz scores will be hyperlinked in the student portfolio so you can click on the score and view the completed assessment. Questions marked incorrectly will not indicate what the correct answer should be since we prefer students go back and research the correct answer themselves. This will give the student the opportunity to understand why they got the question wrong.
    We do have answer keys available for the printable worksheets through your parent admin page under 'lesson plans'.

Charlene is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi! Not knowing what the correct answers are in Math is very frustrating for my son ... and for me as well. Wouldn't it be much better to have the correct answers with accompanying explanation? The child could then take a retest. After all the questions are changed the second time around. We really like the Language part of the program it is very friendly and encouraging something the Math part seems to be lacking in. Please let me know if there is a way to find the correct answers. Thanks!

Charlene is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question We would really like to have correct answers too!

Hi! I noticed that in Language (Comprehension), the student is given a another chance to take the test and correct the wrong answers. If the students gets all the answers right the second time he is given points for them minus a little penalty. I didn't find this true for Math. In Math, the wrong answers will be marked incorrect but the second time the student takes the test the questions are different. The student therefore end up not knowing what the correct answers to the first test.

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi,

Time4Learning leases the curriculum and the developer does not provide answer keys for tests or quizzes. They feel that the student should not just memorize the answers (hence the rotating questions on retakes) but truly understand the concept by going back and possibly repeating the previous lesson. Sometimes, if you contact [email protected] directly they can attempt to answer any questions you may have.

Suzanne

Charlene,

You will find that the lessons vary in the way they function. Some of the subjects will teach a concept, ask a question or two, teach additional lessons and culminate in a grade for a "graded lesson." Other subjects are taught in the more traditional way with lessons to teach a concept only, followed by quizzes and tests for assessment. If you are finding that some of the concepts are proving more difficult for your child, you might want to sit with them to help in their understanding. Again if you have any particular lessons that you struggle with, you could contact [email protected] directly and they could try to assist you. There are not teachers on staff but they will do their best to help you!

Suzanne

tcooper0920 is offline Junior Member

I am very disappointed with the fact that as the "teachers" we are not given answer sheets for all of the lessons, it is not like we are going to sit there and give the answers to our students. But there are some answers that I don't know and I can not "TEACH" my grandson and explain to him why he got the answer wrong. I am also disappointed in the social studies. By the time he has his chapter test how is he suppose to remember every important and non important answer to the questions? Since there are no textbooks he has no way to go back and study for the exam and the worksheets do not have anywhere near enough information to help. I have been literally writing every single chapter in his social studies so that he can have something to study and let me tell you this is very trying. I understand there are possible copyright laws but there should be some way that we can screen print or file print these pages so that he can study from them. This will be our only year to use Time4learning.

Hi,

The developer does not supply answer keys to the lessons. There are printable worksheets that have answer keys but not the lessons, tests or quizzes. The developer feels that if a child does not understand the concept that perhaps the lessons need to be repeated for better clarification. If you are having difficulty with the concept, you can always check out the lesson plans on a lower grade level, search for that concept and perhaps have the child do those lessons to help fill in any gaps. You can check out the Hints section for more information on this or contact [email protected] or 888-771-0914 for more information.

Since this is an online curriculum the lessons are not printable, unless you choose to do print screens of each page. Many parents, especially with children in the higher grade levels will have the student take notes as they are completing the lessons, just like they would have to do in school. This gives them practice with their handwriting and then gives them study material to review before a test or quiz.

I hope you find these suggestions useful! Contact support if you need additional clarification.

Suzanne