Assignments / Educators Acct
    Akela184 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Assignments / Educators Acct

I hs my 3 ds. 2 of whom use T4L. I would like to assign certian T4L assignments that correlate to what we're doing w/ our other curricula. My 7yo doesn't grasp the concept of doing the assignments I write down for him and will spend all day doing other assignments instead of the ones I'd want him to.
    How can I get an educators acct so I can assign the work or is/will this feature be opened up to hs'ing parents?
    Kriste

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only markets to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license from Compass that allows Time4Learning to provide the curriculum to individuals. Because the program was designed with schools in mind, a couple of features are not conducive to individual use. These include the Assignments function and the teacher grading function in Odyssey Writer.

Have you seen the information about how to access various lessons through the Activity Finder? When doing lessons a parent has assigned out of sequence, some students find it awkward to try and click through several icons on their launchpad in search of the correct lesson.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

dad3n1 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default I might have an idea...

I know this is an old question, but thought I'd reply in case this happens to others.
    On a different subject, I used to teach church choir. The women would come in asking me to let them sing favorite songs, which would not be condusive to learning new songs, though this was still important to them. What I ended up doing was offering to quit ten minutes early and letting them pick out a few songs to sing at the end.
    Maybe your son could use the same concept. Beforehand, let him know what's expected. When he says, "But I want to do Science," or whatever, let him know that these are the lessons planned for him, but if he works on these, then you will let him quit [a few minutes early] and let him work on assignments he is interested in. That's one of the wonderful advantages of homeschooling: allowing him a chance to grow in areas he is interested, while still teaching him obedience in doing the assigned areas first. Just make sure to encourage him along, so that he doesn't get side-tracked and is always successful in getting to "play" with some of the other assignments at a given time!
    As a side-note, my dd has a terrible time with certain language arts and math skills. Instead of stating her insecurity, she will do the same thing your son does. You might want to discuss with him if he feels he's having a difficult time with the assignments - or, even if they aren't challenging enough! If it's the latter, think of how you can apply it to real-life. Many times you can!
    Good luck!

Akela184 is offline Junior Member Newbie

My problem is not getting them to do the work on T4L, both my sons who use the program LOVE being able to do the work. My issue is I'm also using another curriculum (more handwriting/paperwork) and working PT. My other curricula has 'set assignments' for each day <which I have to condense into 4 days as I work on Mondays & half a day on Tuesday>. It's not so bad when I'm home the rest of the week when I can tell them "Today you need to do LA0000 & MA0000". But before I get home it would be nice to just have them be able to log on and be able to SEE the assignments they should be doing.
    Unfortunately what it appears I'm going to have to do is go thru thier other curricula to see what is being covered for the week, SEARCH the individual grades/subjects for that topic and write down that assignment on the calendar, so when they log in they'll have to fill in the code in the activity finder to do the assignment.
    +++GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE+++

OH WELL... Back to searching....