Compatibility

Thread: Compatibility

christophera is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Compatibility

It occurred to me some time ago that my daughter, 8, would find it much easier to use time4learning on a touch screen than sitting at my big computer using a mouse.

So today when the hp touchpads when on sale for $99, I grabbed one.

But I find that time4learning turns us away because we are not using Windows & IE.

Is there a work-around?

It would really be easier to use if log in was automatic, a 'remember me' function.

PaulaT4L is offline T4L Support

Default christophera Compatibility

Time4Learning.com is a flashed base program so if you Touchpad has flash available you should have no issue running the program. If possible you may want to use Firefox as the browser when using our program. If you continue to have issues please call us at 888-771-0914 so may try to assist you with this.

mrshyson is offline Junior Member Newbie

The TouchPad does have flash, and the demo lessons work nicely. The problem is that when my sons log in and try to get to the lessons, the "browser check" won't let them in. It says the minimum is IE 5 (IE5!?!) The Touchpad browser is plenty well capable of handling anything IE5 could handle, but there is no "go on anyway" option. I'll have to cancel if we can't get my sons TouchPads to work.

mrshyson is offline Junior Member Newbie

Cool

SOLUTION FOUND

However, it does require a bit of hackery on the touchpad. I'm a mobile software developer, so I was pretty comfortable with it. The process is somewhat lengthy to write out, however if you go here:

iPhone User Agent Spoof - How to make all mobile websites display perfectly - Page 38 - PreCentral Forums

and look at the last few posts, mine (username: eieiosoftware) will help you.
    Email me if you have any problems or are not so programming minded. mrshyson[at]gmail[dot]com

Hope this helps!