Exit Upper Level Program
    Mamato8 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Exit Upper Level Program

My children have been registered and using this program for several weeks so I feel really goofy asking this question but we need help! When using the Upper Level learning, my children cannot exit the program without their internet session closing. When they click on the logout button (the big X) they get a message stating "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the tab. Do you want to close the tab?" If they click yes, then their internet session closes. If they choose "no," then they are not able to get back into the program because if they click on any of the subjects, they get a message stating "Odyssey 12.5, User Name, Password, School" and they have to fill in the blanks.
    This is frustrating because they cannot log out properly and when they exit and just close the brower, their lessons sometimes are not recorded as completed.
    We have had no issues exiting out of the lower level.
    Appreciate the help!!

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Mamato8,

The upper level is set up a bit differently than the lower level, as you have noticed.

It sounds like you're coming across a couple of different issues.

The message you are getting about the webpage closing is an Internet Explorer message. If you try to exit a page without using the browsers "x", it will give yu that message.

The lessons not being marked as complete may be a part of how they're logging out. Check out or hint on exiting lessons properly. It can affect their portfolio if they don't exit properly.

http://www.time4learning.com/hints/hint ... exit.shtml

The page that asks you to login (from how you describe it) is also an error page, which we also have a hint on dealing with.

http://www.time4learning.com/hints/hint ... ship.shtml

Hope this helps. The hints section in general will give you a lot of info on "how to" and "why is this happening" kind of questions.

Kris
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

Mamato8 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Not sure what we're doing wrong because the "X" we are clicking on is the one within the launch pad. As soon as we click on that, I get that message about closing the web page, then if I click cancel, I get taken straight to the Odyssey password thing. Will keep playing with it.

Thank you!

Robin is offline Senior Member

I have the same problem.

I also started having another issue yesterday. When my children (upper and lower) levels finish a lesson, a javascript pop up appears saying LEARNING ACTIVITY ENDED. Or something similar. You have to click OK. To do away with the box. Once you hit okay, the window remains the same and it doesn't forward you to the homescreen or back to the lessons. You have to either exit out or go back. The lessons are also not marked complete. This happened in math, lang. arts, lang. arts ex and science. It's quite frustrating because my children use the arrows to let them know where to start up the next day.

chemcindy is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are having the same problem too. We are exiting correctly with the large X on the launch pad and we also get the message to close the browser window. There seems to be no way around it. If you click no, it goes to the blue Odyssey page. I tried clicking on the round button within a lesson to return to the launch pad, and it did the same thing.

I think this only started in the last several weeks. I remember it working correctly several months ago.

I'm now wondering if this started after one of the maintenance weekends. Maybe some setting got changed?

Thanks for any help.

witchly is offline Senior Member Guru

Same problem here also (it used to work ok). What we have found is that when he is done for the day I do have him click the X in the actual program on the main page, then wait a few seconds, and even though it doesn't close on it's own anymore, it does register/mark everything it seems. We then just close the window on our own using the actual Internet Explorer close function (it's own small x). We have similar issues in both IE and FireFox.

I agree that these problems started after the maintenance weekends.
    Robyn
    Secular homeschooler of 1 son (14)
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/RobynsOnlineWorld.1.gif

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Very interesting. With this many having the same issue, it sure does sound like something on our end.

Hang tight. We'll get to the bottom of it and let you know what we find out.

Thanks

Kris
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide