Feature Requests?
    Tanya Botta is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Feature Requests?

I was wondering where Feature Requests get logged. Thought I would start here.

* Is there an API that parents can connect to for running more detailed reports? Or a report that shows completed lessons (not just worked on) that includes scores for tests/quizzes?

* Are there plans to make the Activity Planner more dynamic? Automatically marking lessons done when the system shows them as done?

* Ability to view student lessons without having to log in as the student and messing up their progress point or lesson time

* Is there a Product Roadmap that indicates planned enhancements for the system?

Brittny Hansen is offline Junior Member Newbie

+1 to all of these feature requests! I was actually just coming to make these exact requests myself The other thing I'd really like to see is a way to assign particular lessons to my kids and have a screen that they can get into that will show them just the things that are assigned. I mostly want my son working on math right now... so of course he has instead completed all of the science and social studies for all three grades that he has access to instead :P I'd really like for the first thing he sees to be whatever I've assigned him and it won't allow him to move on until he's completed those tasks. I'd also love to be able to set benchmarks for completion. So if my son gets less than a certain percentage of the questions right on a quiz or test it won't mark it as complete. I really love Time4Learning, my kids really like the engaging content and I like being able to set them loose and know they're participating in good learning activities. I'd just like a little more control in what they work on at a time.

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Brittny,

Thank you for all of your suggestions! We would love to do many of the items you have requested, but some of them are not possible at this time. Time4Learning leases the curriculum from the developer, so we cannot make changes directly in the lesson environment. Our site acts as a portal to the site where the lessons are housed. We are currently testing some alternate uses of the curriculum, but as of yet are not ready to offer them. There may be the possibility of offering a learning path for students, however, that does restrict access to other grade levels and does not let the student stray off the path at all. Time4Learning has been popular because the the flexibility it offers parents, with the ability to access multiple grade levels and change grade levels whenever they see fit for their student.

For the time being if you would like us to remove access to certain subjects at anytime, you can request that through the change grade level option on your parent administration page.

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Tanya,

So sorry your post was not replied to earlier! We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. You can contact [email protected] at anytime with suggestions and comments.

To answer your questions:
    There is not an API for parents. If you run a report from the report tab rather than using the recent work tab, that will only give you completed activities and grades. We are in the process of developing new access to the reports, but changes will be limited by the fact that Time4Leaning leases the curriculum and portals into the developer's site.

We are also in the process of updating the scheduler. At this time there is not a a way for our system to integrate into the developers site to mark things off as complete. That shows in the actual student progress report. The scheduler is only meant as a to do list for the student to help keep their place within the curriculum.

We are not able to give parents access to the activities outside of the student login.

As mentioned, Time4Learning leases the curriculum from the developer CompassLearning, so any changes to the curriculum are made by them. We receive some advance information, but are not privy to their roadmap. Time4Learning is constantly working on process improvement and we really appreciate it when parents let us know what they are looking for. We are working hard, along with our technical team to try and bring advancements and improvements as often as possible. Thanks for your patience!