Flash-based Lessons Freezing
    CatBrainiac is offline Junior Member

Question Flash-based Lessons Freezing

We have had this problem a few times where a lesson (normally in Language Arts or Math) that is flash-based will get stuck or freeze in the middle of the lesson. It doesn't happen frequently, but when it does, it is always at the same point in the lesson.

It happened in 3rd grade Language Arts, Ch. 3 "Comprehension", Main Idea and Theme - Fiction (the interactive guided instruction) several times, and I wrote the support email and never heard back. My child finally just took the quizzes and scored well, so didn't worry that she didn't finish the actual instruction. However, it was disappointing to have never heard back from the Time4Learning staff.

Today, it happened in 5th grade Math, Ch. 4 "Fractions", Working with Fractions, Simplifying Fractions (lesson). I have considered emailing again for help, but considering we never got a response last time, I figured I'd post about it here instead.

Anyone else have this happen, and how was it resolved?

t4lsuzanne is offline Administrator

Hi,

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with the lessons! Freezing generally is related to your internet connection. Are you using a wireless connection? Are you using Firefox as your browser? That is the most compatible with our program.Sometimes a simple reboot of your computer or router can clear up a multitude of troubles! Support can also send you a list of trusted sites to add to your browser that might help also. I searched for your email in our archived emails but didn't find it. I did find your account so I will send you a link to download Firefox and the instructions on how to add the trusted sites. I think that will help.

Contact support if you have additional questions.

Suzanne

UmmANNA is offline Junior Member Newbie

I too have been experiencing this problem with the math lessons. Specifically 3rd grade place value lessons.

MarieT4L is offline T4L Support

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for any inconvenience or difficulty you may have experienced within the program.

Our website is a portal to compass learning, who provides the curricula that your students are using. That being said, there are lot of factors that have to come together for the program to work efficiently and accurately. The top 4 major components involved in successfully accessing and using the curricula are the operating system, the internet connection, the browser, and adding trusted sites to the browser and the security on the system.

1. The operating system A computer (PC or Mac).A small adjustment is sometimes necessary if your computer uses Linux as the operating system.

2.The internet connection with "fast access" (DSL or cable modem) to the Internet is ideal.
    Please Note: if your are using wireless, there may be more frequent drops in the internet that can cause they system to glitch.

3. The browser that we recommend is Mozilla Firefox. This the most stable browser to access out program on. Click here to download Firefox.

4. Adding the trusted sited below, in Mozilla Firefox exactly as written, will ensure less loading time, and less chance of intermittent issues in the activities.

Please be sure to include the asterisks and the IP addresses (the numbers below).

*.compasslearning.com
    *.odysseyreporting.thelearningodyssey.com
    *.llnw.net
    *.llnw.com
    *.llnwd.net
    *.thelearningodyssey.com
    *.compasslearningodyssey.com
    *.childu.com
    Homeschool, Afterschool, Summer Study - Time4Learning
    www.thelearningodyssey.com
    www.compasslearningodyssey.com
    New Home Schooling - Home Page
    New Homeschool Info
    www.homeschool-website.com
    Time4Learning

In the last 9 years of business, the above suggestions have helped thousands of our members to set up their student's for success.
    If you need any additional help, please call us at 888-771-0914.

Thank You,
    Marie,Time4Learning.com Customer Service
    [email protected]
    6300 NE 1st Ave., Ste 203
    Ft Lauderdale, FL 33334

kvoj is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarieT4L View Post

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for any inconvenience or difficulty you may have experienced within the program.

Our website is a portal to compass learning, who provides the curricula that your students are using. That being said, there are lot of factors that have to come together for the program to work efficiently and accurately. The top 4 major components involved in successfully accessing and using the curricula are the operating system, the internet connection, the browser, and adding trusted sites to the browser and the security on the system.

1. The operating system A computer (PC or Mac).A small adjustment is sometimes necessary if your computer uses Linux as the operating system.

2.The internet connection with "fast access" (DSL or cable modem) to the Internet is ideal.
    Please Note: if your are using wireless, there may be more frequent drops in the internet that can cause they system to glitch.

3. The browser that we recommend is Mozilla Firefox. This the most stable browser to access out program on. Click here to download Firefox.

4. Adding the trusted sited below, in Mozilla Firefox exactly as written, will ensure less loading time, and less chance of intermittent issues in the activities.

Please be sure to include the asterisks and the IP addresses (the numbers below).

*.compasslearning.com
    *.odysseyreporting.thelearningodyssey.com
    *.llnw.net
    *.llnw.com
    *.llnwd.net
    *.thelearningodyssey.com
    *.compasslearningodyssey.com
    *.childu.com
    Homeschool, Afterschool, Summer Study - Time4Learning
    www.thelearningodyssey.com
    www.compasslearningodyssey.com
    New Homeschool Info
    www.homeschool-website.com
    Time4Learning

In the last 9 years of business, the above suggestions have helped thousands of our members to set up their student's for success.
    If you need any additional help, please call us at 888-771-0914.

Thank You,
    Marie,Time4Learning.com Customer Service
    [email protected]
    6300 NE 1st Ave., Ste 203
    Ft Lauderdale, FL 33334

Hi I'm having the same problems with 1st/2nd grade "arvid and kitty show" and was with kindergarten "the lions Wesley and Chelsea". I am downloading Firefox right now. Can you tell me how to add the trusted sites to Firefox? Thank you!