freezing
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: freezing

markyjpa is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default freezing

lately, t4l has been freezing or taking 10 min. to load a page. today the oddysey writer kept freezing when i tried to exit. i tried my laptop to see if it was my computer & the same thing
    we've missed alot of days

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi markyjpa,

It sounds like it may be your connection. The system is running fin on our end.

Are you connected via cable internet by any chance? We've had other members tell us the same thing and it always turns out to be that they need to reset their cable connection. This can be done by unplugging the cable box from the computer/network and from the wall and then plugging it all back in. This seems to reset the connection and will get you up and running as fast as when you started.

Hope this helps.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

markyjpa is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default freezing

i read a post from highlyfavored.. she had the same prob. i went to tools- internet options- security- trusted sites- & i added both time4learning & thelearningodyssey.com you have to uncheck the require server verification option. now, it's not freezing

punchrod is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Freezing

I've done both suggestions listed above and it continues to freeze up in the middle of assignments. I may cancel before the trial period is up if this can't be fixed. I don't believe it's my computers or connection.

Were having the same problem with the program freezing up in the middle of assignments. I've tried both suggestions listed above, shutting everything down and rebooting the computer, modem and changing the settings in the explorer. I do'nt think it's my equipment. Anymore suggestions? If this can't be fixed, i will have to cancel my account before the trial period is up. i really like the program because my children are familiar with it from using it at school before pulling them out to homeschool. Help please!!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, punchrod. How frustrating! Why don't you call (954) 771-0914 for technical assistance with this. Sometimes it's more successful to have someone right there talking with you.

Let us know if they are able to help you or not.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I spoke to someone at the phone number you gave and they insisted it's not the system. My middle daughter was using compass odyssey in public school approx. a month ago prior to us pulling them out to be homeschooled and she spent a whole weekend doing assignments on there and didn't once have a problem with the program freezing up. I don't think it's my connection.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

This must be really annoying and disappointing. It sounds like those who posted above were able to remedy their problems by making adjustments to their own computers. Forum members, is there anyone else who is having persistent problems? (People usually let us know very quickly if there's a problem with the system, and I'm not aware of any current reports.)

This weekend, the system may not be available intermittently, because the developers are performing site maintenance. I just checked, and it's working fine for me right now.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

I had that problem a month ago. I found it was my antivirus program. We had made the allowance we thought neccessary to the program to allow it to run but continued ti have freeze ups and slow loading especially in the LA department.

I went to the message board of my antivirus (bitdefender) and they were able to help me figure out the problem. Our AV was very aggressive and the parental controls would not allow us to use the program.

After turning off http scan (not a neccessity for this site), parental control, and script and cookie control from my AV it now runs smoothly.

I am not sure what AV you are running but if you have those kind of protection with it, you may want to try turning off any of the above items.

also try talking to tech support and see if someone can help you. Hope this helps, my son is doing so much better with math since we started, and is actually enjoying LA for the first time in years.
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by punchrod
    I spoke to someone at the phone number you gave and they insisted it's not the system. My middle daughter was using compass odyssey in public school approx. a month ago prior to us pulling them out to be homeschooled and she spent a whole weekend doing assignments on there and didn't once have a problem with the program freezing up. I don't think it's my connection.
    Punchrod,

The reason we can tell that it is not the system is that we access it the same way you do. If we're not having trouble accessing any part of the system, we know there is something else between the system and you holding you up. Whether it's the ISP, the computer needing to be rebooted, the connection needing to be reset, or an anti-virus or filter, there are a number of variables in trying to figure out how to help you get your system to work well with our system and the developer's system. Just when we think we have a pretty good handle on all the different issues, some new program pops up and we all end up scratching our heads.

You may have accessed the CompassLearning system just fine before, but now you are accessing the CompassLearning system through the Time4Learning system, which makes it all a tad more complex.

I would certainly try the solutions that the members here have posted, starting with Mark's - adding the trusted sites to your browser or antivirus program.

Here's the list of sites your computer does or may encounter while using Time4Learning.

www.time4learning.com
    www.time4learning.org
    www.newhomeschooling.net
    www.thelearningodyssey.com
    www.compasslearningodyssey.com

If this does not help, please do call us again, at the number listed in the previous post by Kelly, and mention that you had posted on the forum about your issue. I'll ask everyone to take a peek at this thread, so we'll all be familiar with what you have or haven't tried. Whether it's our system or not, we will do our best to get you up and running ASAP.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast